The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T stuttering Problem

pjavon

OK guys, I'm still having my missing/stuttering problems so I got my Dad to try and video it tonight.

Now I've messed with the map myself a bit and it has improved but it's still there.

Watch this video with the sound turned up and at about 5400rpm you can hear the engine noise change to a drdrdrdrdrdrd type noise, thats my problem:(

It feels quite a bit worse than it sounds in this clip by the way

Anyone got any ideas, it seems messing with the map makes it slightly better but it is STILL there.

If I was sure it was just the mapping I'd take to another place (it has been mapped but I don't think the guy was very good to be honest). The AFR's were going off the scale (i.e. below 10) but with some playing about I've got them to about 11 ish on WOT which is when it SEEMED to improve. Obviously I'm no tuner so a decent guy may be able to map it out if that is the problem but I'm not to sure.

By the way its had 2 sets of plug leads, 2 sets of plugs, 2 igniters, 3 coils (brand new genuine toyota one fitted now), 2 dizzy caps, 2 stock map sensors etc etc. I've also now fitted a walbro fuel pump and borrowed another emanage blue (with map sensor) and stock ECU which have all made no difference.