The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery to boot relocation.

Kaan W

Hi folks,

Im just wondering if anyone can post pictures of there battery position in the boot. Im wanting to do this myself keeping the space saver and tools but also want the battery position to look as clean and stock as possible, and prefably not on show.

I know theres space directly behind the seat has anyone done this?

My fuse box is behind the seat. My battery is in my spare wheel well in a custom srd battery tray ect. Nice bit of kit. Why do you want to keep the space saver??

I measured out the nice little gap behind the rear seat that the battery, fusebox and universal washer bottle will fit exactly but wondered if this the best way for me. I want to keep the space saver and tools incase I get stuck with a flatty somewhere plus it helps with traction :)

You can put the battery behind the seat and when you close the seat in place, it locks the battery tight. I've done a few like this and it's a pretty much perfect fit.

Exactly how I measured mine and it does sit perfect there. I was just wondering if I need a welded bracket and cross bar locking it in to pass an MOT?

FOSTA i want to say pc 925 but will double check

Could you tell me the part number for that odyssey battery mate, just as I need one and don't want to get one that's too small to start the car lol ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks KEV how are you mate ?are those double sixes still shiney ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162906[/ATTACH]

heres how i done it ,fabbed a cage up for the battery and made a flatstock carbon plinth and bolted it to the chassis the platform is tentioned by a bolt that winds against a nylon gromit against the floor to stop any vibrating etc... hope this helps .

Thats the nuts! nice install mate, thats how its done properly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162906[/ATTACH]

heres how i done it ,fabbed a cage up for the battery and made a flatstock carbon plinth and bolted it to the chassis the platform is tentioned by a bolt that winds against a nylon gromit against the floor to stop any vibrating etc... hope this helps .

Do you cover the +ve connection of the battery to prevent electric shocks or accidental shorting?

Do you cover the +ve connection of the battery to prevent electric shocks or accidental shorting?

I sure do steve yes i had a rubber boot made up for it theres a bit more to it now a carbon box was laid up to angle the battery cage with the back seat etc too ...ill try and get some up to date pics

- - - Updated - - -

start with an SRD battery to boot kit and the worlds your lobster ;)

so what other hardware is required for a battery relocation ???

be good to see exactly whats needed apart from the obvious battery, cables, battery box possibly.

Thanks guys I like the idea David's gone for so i'll go for that method as it looks nice and stock.

An Odyssey 30 fits into the sub-woofer divot and you'd never know it was there.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?233707-Project-Supracharger&p=3125294&viewfull=1#post3125294

What gauge cable did you use for the starter and fusebox?

And also whats that little switch for on the strut plastic thing?

And also whats that little switch for on the strut plastic thing?

Isolator switch - So the power to the car can be turned off just but turning the switch off - Very nice idea :: :thumbs: Def much better than messing around d/c'ing terminals, especially when its all so neat & hidden like Dave's install there! :cool:

b;3578756']Isolator switch - So the power to the car can be turned off just but turning the switch off - Very nice idea :: :thumbs: Def much better than messing around d/c'ing terminals' date=' especially when its all so neat & hidden like Dave's install there! :cool:[/quote']

Ah I see, that is a good idea I might do this also. Where is it connected to the starter, fusebox or ground cable? And also what cable does the fuse sit in and how close to the battery?