The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting back on the road!

sprag5

So my supra has been off the road a couple of years now

Financially I'm back on track and am hoping to get it back on the road again

I have been working away for a long time and was wondering what the best thing to do withy the car is. The car hasn't been started for over a year and I am worried about the engine being dry and all the oil having dropped to the bitten

Is their anything particular I should be doing before attempting to start her up?

Your car a turbo or non, best thing to do is stop it from starting so take the plugs out so it turns over easily and turn it over for about 30 seconds just to get the pump full and pumping round the bearings.

Then fit it all back together and check oil to make sure its not low and start, dont rev it for the first couple of mins and make sure your oil light goes out as soon as its started.

With the plugs out you can get the oil pressure up by turning it over and get the oil light to go out this way, then you know the pressure is there.