The mkiv Supra Owners Club

precision 6766 VS. garret GT4202r

Hartmann

hey guys. is some doubt whether I should change my turbo. I have a precision 6766 A/R81 devided turbo now. but I'm not sure it can meet my power goals around the 800 rwhp and a low 10sec 1/4 but still work on the street

a bloke with a garret GT4202r A/R1.15 with a TAIL styl housing will do a trade .. always liked the big kick when a big turbo comes on .. isent acidic the 6766 will do that? sure it spools faster but how much?

having a build engine

PHR dividet t4 manifold

whif stage2 head (280 degree)

hyper tune intake

couldt some one with a GT42 pitch in ?

thanks

tobias

okay ..

on a note .. dont really mind the bit of Lag on the street . drive it mostley in the town and dont street race it alot .. and i only consider the 4202r becourse a guy will do a trade .. my 6766 it is new and really nice

Bigger A/R on the 6766 than the 0.81 if it's doable?

okay ..

on a note .. dont really mind the bit of Lag on the street . drive it mostley in the town and dont street race it alot .. and i only consider the 4202r becourse a guy will do a trade .. my 6766 it is new and really nice

If it was me, I would stay with the 6766 as its a better street turbo size and would be quicker on the street. If you are chasing numbers, then the GT42 would be better.

danish shell vpower 99 oktan

were you happy with your GT42 john ?

I loved the GT42. The lag wasn't bad at all IMO, infact I quite liked it. Personally I'd say a GT42 is pretty much a perfect street turbo. Your not on boost all the time at low revs and it comes in really hard.

You might want to look at the ''Tial'' ss turbine housing options for the GT42, http://www.tialsport.com/prod%20ss%20turbo.html#sgt4245 You'll need an adapterflange to mount that onto an t4 flange as the tial housing is v-band

http://www.tialmedia.com/graphics/SS%20housings/42ss5.jpg

Got the GT4202R myself with an A/R of 1.01 not running it yet so no input from my side on spooltime/powerfigures.

• 2 weeks later...