The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mouldy interior, help

SupraFluff

Use a steam cleaner that will get rid of it plus you can leave the seats in the car. There are quite a few small hand held steam cleaners on the market it now my step mum has one and it cleans and sanitises everything. Then just go for a blast with the heaters on full and the windows open to air it out and as above find the leak. Most likely the door / boot seals are shot or aerotop seals if it is one.

Use a steam cleaner that will get rid of it plus you can leave the seats in the car. There are quite a few small hand held steam cleaners on the market it now my step mum has one and it cleans and sanitises everything. Then just go for a blast with the heaters on full and the windows open to air it out and as above find the leak. Most likely the door / boot seals are shot or aerotop seals if it is one.

Just really make sure the interior is dry after the steam clean else you will end up back in the same situation if you don't & that would suck if you had just cleaned it all out :(

b;3576619']Just really make sure the interior is dry after the steam clean else you will end up back in the same situation if you don't & that would suck if you had just cleaned it all out :(

Yeah have the heaters on as hot as it will go with the air con on and the windows open a bit.

I would and have done this in the past done this on other older cars

Remove the seats or contaminated material from the car

Dry them out fully

Hoover or brush the mould spores off the fabric but be careful because the spores can cross contaminate.

Once the spores are in the car if it gets damp they will return so they need to be removed fully.

Hope this helps

I have just noticed the same thing, mine has been off the road and under cover for 3-4 months but it was raining heavily when I emptied the car and put the cover on it so I think that's how mine has ended up that bad, I'm thinking ill got for the steam cleaning method when the weather is warmer :)

Yesterday I vacuumed the mould I could see on the seats and floor and wiped all the mould off the steering wheel/dash/door cards/gearstick/surround but I'm going to take the seats out in a few weeks and give them a proper clean, probably with steam cleaner. For now do you think it's worth putting the de-humidifier in there and leaving it on for 24 hours?