The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions please - looking for a project supra

Fly

Morning guys. Well i am looking for my supra project here and everywhere however never actually owning a supra i havent yet got the feel for good/bad prices and deals. I am thinking of going and taking a look at this one : -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MKIV-5-SPEED-MANUAL-DOLUCK-WIDE-ARCH-CUSTOM-WHITE-PAINT-18-ALLOYS-/261152400294?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccde563a6

It would be made into an NA-t project rather than staying stock.

just wondering what peoples thoughts were and if the car has any history on here.

Thanks for the help.

I would keep saving and buy a single that been done. There ridiculously cheap at the moment and come with all the goodies that to build from scratch would cost more than double in parts.

Its hard not to rush in but I would say just save a little longer browsing the forum for ideas keeping a close eye on the for sale section you'll be surprised what pops up.

Thanks guys, Im chatting with Keron at the minute for a TT that needs some TLC i think you may have sold me on the TT front and wait to go single im just impatient. I dont think i have had an empty garage since i passed my driving test and would like to use the winter months to get something done/built. I keep looking but its nice to get other opinions, i knew there was a reason i joined this forum ;)

Thanks guys, Im chatting with Keron at the minute for a TT that needs some TLC i think you may have sold me on the TT front and wait to go single im just impatient. I dont think i have had an empty garage since i passed my driving test and would like to use the winter months to get something done/built. I keep looking but its nice to get other opinions, i knew there was a reason i joined this forum ;)

Waiting a little longer was the best decision I made when buying a supra. For the same price I bought my uk spec single auto I was looking at a thrashed bpu 6 speed manual with no interior and a lot of cleaning up to do and possibly an engine rebuild. All ive done is bought an uprated gearbox and its good for a high 10 second quarter with the right tires and a simple mapping session. Glad you had a re think mate and looking forward to see what you do when you find the right one.