The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TS style bonnet and water

Branners

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about buying a Top Secret style bonnet with the big air vents on it, but I'm worried about water getting on to the engine and making a mess. My car spends most of its life in the garage so it is not a huge issue, but I dont want the engine bay any messier than it already is.

How bad are the bonnets for letting water on to the engine, and is there a way to stop the water getting there and funnel it somewhere else.

I fitted mine a short while ago. Now the surround of the power steering reservoir is always full of water. In addition the alternator seems to be getting quite a bit of waters on it. I had heard of Ibrars tray, but have been unable to find it. On a happier note I don't think it has caused any problems! Just needs drying off every so often?

My Tein strut brace no longer fits though!