The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clucking Bell - First speeding fine.

SupraStar 3000

Can't believe I've had my First speeding fine on boxing day.

10 Years of Supra ownership and I get a speeding fine for doing 60mph in a 50 zone driving a knackered Nissian Micra.

Only saving grace is,... I can do a half day driver course and avoid the points.

Still,.. £90 fine which has blown my car tax out of the water. Damn I'm so annoyed with myself!

I know Ed, so frustrating. At least you have the option of Driver Awareness. It's actually quite good and you keep a clean license.

Once you've done one though you can't do another for I think another 3 years, I recently missed out. I got done doing 71mph on the motorway but through the 60mph temp speed zone, at night, with nothing about and no roadworks in progress. Sometimes it's a real kick in the teeth.

You could just stick to the speed limit ;)

Yeah, as if that is possilble.

I have tried to stick to limits and the amount of concentration needed is dangerous in itself. It would also help if most roads had clues as to what speed they actually were. I was doing 60 in a 40 the other day and then realised they had dropped the limit on a dual carraigeway that I use regularly.

I also had someone stuck up my backside and quite irate yesterday after I was doing 30 in a what I now know is a 40 limit. Every time I saw a camera I dropped to 30 to be SAFE...!!

It's all about making money. If they wanted to stop speeding they would set up a system where if you are speeding and say doing 20mph over the limit, you lose your car and licence, £1K fine etc. But no, it's far easier (and much more profitable) to do everyone the minute they lose concentration or are mistaken over what the actual limit is.

H.

100% with you on that.

Yeah, as if that is possilble.

I have tried to stick to limits and the amount of concentration needed is dangerous in itself. It would also help if most roads had clues as to what speed they actually were. I was doing 60 in a 40 the other day and then realised they had dropped the limit on a dual carraigeway that I use regularly.

I also had someone stuck up my backside and quite irate yesterday after I was doing 30 in a what I now know is a 40 limit. Every time I saw a camera I dropped to 30 to be SAFE...!!

It's all about making money. If they wanted to stop speeding they would set up a system where if you are speeding and say doing 20mph over the limit, you lose your car and licence, £1K fine etc. But no, it's far easier (and much more profitable) to do everyone the minute they lose concentration or are mistaken over what the actual limit is.

H.

What is the point in having speeding signs considering the roads at the moment resemble a mountainous surface with holes big enough to have a 20 man cave exploring expedition in.

Shame for you Ed you were not stopped by the police themselves as I am sure you would of offered them male favours..... come to think about it that would probably set you up for an inside stretch that Drift bear somehow avoided.