The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coilovers

golfvr6er

i bought a set of coilovers from a breakers. they are hks fronts and tien rears.i payed £150 which i thought was cheap. well put i put the rears in first thinking they would be the tricky ones (was i wrong lol). then started on the fronts f**ked about trying to get it out until i realized i had to take the upper arm out (easy when you know how lol). drove of the ramp and when to drive home and heard one of the rears banging about. checked everything was tight. took it out and stripped it down and the inserts f**ked (thats wat i get from buying from a breaker) they are going back. just a pitty thou but the hks front felt quite firm but when i went over a speed bump they bounced up and down like a bouncey castle and that seemed quite dangerous too. its kinda put me off the idea of getting a set.

has anyone else got a set of hks one's?

they aren't like that are they?

You had 2 problems there, buying unknown condition coilovers, and having chronically mismatched suspension front and rear. Personally Id say dangerously so. Maybe 3 problems, being chronically tight fisted lol.

Tein stuff is just cheap garbage unless you get the top end products, Ive never used HSK but cant imagine them being garbage.

Best bet is to keep an eye on the forum for a known good set coming up for sale.

Old HKS will be phased out and possibly not viable to get parts or rebuild them

so not worth buying in my opinon, same goes for the Teins.

A new set of Bilsteins with matched lowering springs is the way to go but then

you have to spend around £700 ish but they will stand the test of time unlike

a lot of aftermarket kits.