The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Please - Where / How to install Syvecs Sensors

Brazil

Hi Guys,

Can you help me please, I am looking for as much information as possible on where and how to best fit the following sensors that I have purchased for the Syvecs. If you have photographs of the install of any of the sensors and controllers please attach them too, that would be amazing help.

I am interested in how you welded it on, fittings used as much details as possible.

These are the following aux sensors / controls I have purchased for the Syvecs:

1) 8 Position Calibration Switch

2) 4 Bar Mapsensor

3) 3 Port Boost Solinoid

4) Bosch Wideband Knock Sensor

5) EGT Sensor

6) Oil temp sensor

7) Oil Pressure Sensor

8) NTK Wideband Sensor

9) Fuel Pressure Sensor

1) No idea

2) Could be anywhere as it only needs a pressure feed from the manifold and a harness to connect to it, but probably bulkhead behind the inlet manifold

3) Probably on the area around the air filter/box as it needs to be near the waste gate

4) On the engine block, probably in the stock location

5) Many opinions on this, most accurate will be in the runner of No6 cylinder, mine is in the turbine housing of my turbo.

6) and 7) Depending if youre running an oil cooler and remote filter kit, in the sandwich plate that attatches to the stock filter location.

8) Exhaust downpipe

9) Mine is attached to the fuel pressure reg.

Oil pressure and temp need to be on an oil filter sandwich plate iirc.

EGT is usually on the down pipe? (I think, or first cat/decat)

Off the top of my head can't think of the others. I think some people have the knock sensor somewhere near the manifold, but not sure on that one.

1) No idea

2) Could be anywhere as it only needs a pressure feed from the manifold and a harness to connect to it, but probably bulkhead behind the inlet manifold

3) Probably on the area around the air filter/box as it needs to be near the waste gate

5) Many opinions on this, most accurate will be in the runner of No6 cylinder, mine is in the turbine housing of my turbo.

6) and 7) Depending if youre running an oil cooler and remote filter kit, in the sandwich plate that attatches to the stock filter location.

8) Exhaust downpipe

Off the top of my head can't think of the others. I think some people have the knock sensor somewhere near the manifold, but not sure on that one.

That's great guys, thanks for your imput...!

How about the boost solinoid? does anybody have a close up image on how that is wired in?

Where is the standard knock sensor fitted? any manual page links etc.

That's great guys, thanks for your imput...!

How about the boost solinoid? does anybody have a close up image on how that is wired in?

Where is the standard knock sensor fitted? any manual page links etc.

Standard knock sensor is under the manifold by the oil filter I think.

I dont think I have a EGT sensor with my syvecs :shrug:

Is there any reason why they have to be there? I have one sensor in the end of the lexus oil bolt mod and the other in the tt turbo oil feed the one closet to the gearbox is this wrong ?

1) No idea

8) Exhaust downpipe

Hi Swampy,

(2) Do you mean it needs a vac hose from inlet-manifold to solinoid unit? When you mention the ''harness'', do you mean the wire to Syvec ECU?

(3) Sorry I don't understand can you be a bit more discriptive please, is there vac hoses? do I need to weld a bung?

(5) Is runner 6 the one closest to the cabin?

2) The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) measures the pressure in the manifold and generates a voltage to send to the ECU. So it needs a pressure/vacuum feed from the manifold, and a harness so it can relay the voltage.

3) Yes you'll need a pressure feed to open the wastegate, the solenoid opens to let the pressure through and open the gate. Any better?

6) Yes.

2) The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) measures the pressure in the manifold and generates a voltage to send to the ECU. So it needs a pressure/vacuum feed from the manifold, and a harness so it can relay the voltage.

3) Yes you'll need a pressure feed to open the wastegate, the solenoid opens to let the pressure through and open the gate. Any better?

6) Yes.

That's perfect..! Thank you very much..!

1) somewhere on the dash easily accessible

2) fit in stock location using existing wiring.

3) near the I take pipe but somewhere where it won't get too hot.

4) knock sensor fitted on cylinder 4 just below the head

5) EGT should be fitted in runner 6.

6 and 7) in a sandwich plate

8) I fitted my wideband in the midpipe.

9) fuel pressure sensor I fitted just after the fuel filter.

If your using the stock inlet manifold fit your replacement 4 bar map sensor in place of the stock item, you should be able to use the stock wiring ;)

I have a Jun type Plenum that I bought from Parry, it has Vac nipples already welded on... So I guess I choose a nipple on there.

1) in the centre console , dash or an obsilete switch blanking cover

2) ??????

3) Mine was on the inner wing/strut area. Took a boost register from the nipple on the turbo discharge pipework

4) Replace stock sensor under inlet manifold

5) Bung in downpipe, or middle pipe

6) Mine is mounted in a oil filter sandwich plate

7) also mounted in sandwich plate

8) Bung in downpipe

9) Mine is mounted in the spare port/gauge connection on my aeromotive FPR

1) in the centre console , dash or an obsilete switch blanking cover

2) ??????

3) Mine was on the inner wing/strut area. Took a boost register from the nipple on the turbo discharge pipework

4) Replace stock sensor under inlet manifold

5) Bung in downpipe, or middle pipe

6) Mine is mounted in a oil filter sandwich plate

7) also mounted in sandwich plate

8) Bung in downpipe

9) Mine is mounted in the spare port/gauge connection on my aeromotive FPR

How's it going bud..?

I took your advice and went Syvec and Ryan G, like you mentioned once you spent so much on the build its silly to budget on engine management..!

How does the Valet mode work?

Could you take a photo of number (3) please and post it on here.

good stuff. definately the right decision.

I cant provide that pic dude as the car is in 1 million peices just now with the engine etc out and all the plumbing disconnected. it just sat up on the inner wing attached to some existing wiring with a cable tie. And it never moved a mm since getting it back. nice simple install. Ryan might manage to take care of it when he comes over to map it as its a simple installation

How's it going bud..?

I took your advice and went Syvec and Ryan G, like you mentioned once you spent so much on the build its silly to budget on engine management..!

How does the Valet mode work?

Could you take a photo of number (3) please and post it on here.

good stuff. definately the right decision.

I cant provide that pic dude as the car is in 1 million peices just now with the engine etc out and all the plumbing disconnected. it just sat up on the inner wing attached to some existing wiring with a cable tie. And it never moved a mm since getting it back. nice simple install. Ryan might manage to take care of it when he comes over to map it as its a simple installation

Why is your car in peaces? what you doing to it now?

The stock sensor should be fine.

I have the stock sensor and a syvecs water temp in the top rad pipe but my syvecs is a piggy back as the stock ecu still controls the autobox.

I remember Ryan saying I need the stock sensor in place to keep the stock ecu happy but could I just have one sensor sending information to both ecu's?