The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pic request please: XXR 527s

letmeshowyou

Has anyone got any pics of these on a Supra by any chance please? :)

I've just ordered a set, in Bronze, staggered fitment. I shall post a pic up once I've fitted them :) They are on their way to me as we speak!

(also - if you decided to purchase a set, let me know as I shall pass on details of where I got mine from. They are a right pain to get hold of these XXR's)

Was it Japshop by any chance? :)

It was Dave at Japanese Performance in Ireland :) Japshop don't have the 9.75" rears in stock in bronze.

I think those in the link are actually Wedssports (the green/yellow ones on the red Supra). The 527's are basically replica's of those.

http://wedssport.jp/products/english/tc105n.html

I'd agree with you there, they aren't multi-lug, which unfortunately the 527's are.

Thanks JDukesy, and Rich, that would be appreciated if you can please. I want to make sure I'm not gonna have to pee about with arch mods.

ps I've found a UK stockist who says they have 9.75 rears. Are they likely to be fibbing to me then? :(

edit; just read that link too, thanks. Sounds like I might need to pick Paul Whiffin's brains a little in the next few weeks!

Edited by letmeshowyou (see edit history)

Thanks JDukesy, and Rich, that would be appreciated if you can please. I want to make sure I'm not gonna have to pee about with arch mods.

ps I've found a UK stockist who says they have 9.75 rears. Are they likely to be fibbing to me then? :(

edit; just read that link too, thanks. Sounds like I might need to pick Paul Whiffin's brains a little in the next few weeks!

They may well have the 9.75" rears in stock now, I just had a lot of trouble as the bronze wheels seem harder to get hold of. There are actually a few companies on eBay selling the 527's as well, so I assume they must have them in stock ready to despatch.

As for arch mods, I'm expecting to have to cut/roll the rear arches. The fronts should be fine :)

I was hoping you would come down and we could go out for a spin.... Dammit. I guess bringing the supra down would probably cost as much as the car itself though. :)

Yeah that would have been good! Im definitely planning on getting another supra though. At this rate it will be sooner rather then later as im already getting fed up of the impreza as its been in the garage constantly since i got it! Damn thing!

(apologies for thread hijack lol)

Thread hijack is fine; it bring it to the top and increases the likelihood I'll encounter someone else who has these. I really don't want to roll my arches!

Carry on :)

My arches aren't rolled yet and I'm on stock Bilstein suspension, wheel are due to be delivered Monday so I'll try them and see.

I don't think anyone has got these fitted to a Supra as far as I'm aware, found a pic from a chap on supraforums but he has since swapped wheels