The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good evening and happy new year

Fly

Hello!! I just thought I would say hello and introduce myself. I have been a huge fan of the mkiv supra for years especially after my dad owned a mkiii when I was younger . I nearly purchased a mkiv two years ago however I decided to build a Westfield instead, now since the Westfield doesn't get used much (living in Lincolnshire with a roofless car) I have decided to sell to make way for a supra project. Don't get me wrong the Westfield is ace but she is now complete and needs to make way for a more practical project. I have been reading many of the projects threads and am very excited to get underway with my own. Anyway I will keep this short and sweet and continue with the research, I hope to keep you amused with my antics and not asked too many inexperienced questions.

Welcome, love the Westfields, my dad used to have Westfield 7SE when I was a kid, however I grew up to be a Caterham boy :D, same engine as yours though(minus bike carbs).

Looking forward to a future project anyway:)

So am I. I won't lie I'm Looking for a non turbo model to start with them to progress with a single turbo installation and body restoration so I will be looking for a tatty supra that needs a home. I did have a mad idea earlier, I have a 2.9 ford v6 in the garage that I was going to use in a project, with a single turbo installation . I am still looking at the pros and cons as I think it will be as hard to turbo the ba supra as to turbo and install the ford v6 . Who knows, still clearing the garage at the minute

Doesn't look like me!?:D

Hello and welcome!:)

Haha

So am I. I won't lie I'm Looking for a non turbo model to start with them to progress with a single turbo installation and body restoration so I will be looking for a tatty supra that needs a home. I did have a mad idea earlier, I have a 2.9 ford v6 in the garage that I was going to use in a project, with a single turbo installation . I am still looking at the pros and cons as I think it will be as hard to turbo the ba supra as to turbo and install the ford v6 . Who knows, still clearing the garage at the minute

I would stick with the supra engine as its probably easier to convert and will give you more power than the v6 also imo. But then again ive never done it so you can prove me wrong :D

Is that the same engine that came in the Ford Granada?

Personally, I think an NA-T Supra lump would be a lot easier due to the hundreds of tried and tested bolt-on kits out there for it, plus with a couple of minor mods(mainly just the head gasket tbh), it's a strong lump compared to the Ford V6.

But then again, I'm not clue'd up at all about the Ford lumps.

Tbh it was only a passing idea to drop the ford lump in, some crazy Europeans have got 500bhp out of pretty much stock units using truck turbos were talking gt40 size . But for me I agree it would be easier to stick with a tried and tested na-t install which was the original idea. Well fingers crossed the Westfield will be sold tomorrow and my other project goes on Sunday so will be searching for my supra as of Sunday evening. Exciting times .