The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing front tyres - new thoughts

ellis

I'm about a week away from replacing the front tyres. Currently running FK452s all round but am considering changing.

I know Falken now have the FK453s out (about £138 a corner fitted for 235/35/19) - anyone running these have thoughts? Anyone gone from FK452 to FK453?

Or there's the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for £192 a corner, fitted Conti Sport Contact 5P for the same price or Sport Contact 3, again for the same price.

I know the tyre question gets asked a lot but they change quite a bit so perhaps thoughts and suggestions do too!

To be fair my 452's are getting a bit knackered after about 6k aswell. Fronts are like new but the rears are subject to more punishment I suppose:

I was just hoping for a couple of K more. Lasted 2 years though, value of not driving...!!

I spoke to the manage at a local tyre place about the verdestines. He said they were a tractor tyre and a load of crap. :s

Was he an agent for Vredestein? We have a local guy who lost his agency for Khumos and has been calling them shite ever since..!!

I was just hoping for a couple of K more. Lasted 2 years though, value of not driving...!!

Mine have done about 4 years. :( that WILL change this year.

If it helps Ellis, I've got 4 BRAND NEW Eagle F1's to go with the wheels... :p

4 x 245/35/20 Goodyear Eagle F1's, 3 x 245/35/20 budgets (not sure on make) minimum tread on any of them 7mm. 1 i know for a fact covered 35miles. Plus the 4 wheels and tyres on the car. Rears are Ok. Fronts are pretty good iirc.

For your Jades...

...and spoiler... :D

Was he an agent for Vredestein? We have a local guy who lost his agency for Khumos and has been calling them shite ever since..!!

I assume so. Had a poster on the wall. Hence why I asked