The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saving a UK TT 6 Speed !!Update Page 9/10 !!

Slutters

Hi there guys and welcome to my new project!

My names Adam, i want to share my project with you that i am currently undertaking.

I always seem to have a project on the go, so first of let me show you a few things i have biuld over the years.

First 'performance' car, 220BHP GT25 Powered Uno Turbo, spent far to much, Aeroquips the lot... Great fun and very quick for such a small car

Went from that to RWD, brought a kit car chassis and a few bits and bobs, ended up going from a 2.0 Pinto to a Saab 2.3 Turbo running Dry sump that i designed myself, 330BHP....awesome fun again! Got wet though, so had to go...

Then decided i wanted something quick that was still a nice comfy car, so i got a Carrera, looked awesome, but found it a bit lacking coming from the Kit car..

So, after years of freinds going Jap i decided to stop calling them all Jap crap and get an R34 Skyline. Another quick car, faster than the Porsche but interior was cheap crap and the car started getting the wrong kind of attention so sold that on...

Decided to try the kit car route again, this time with a roof and a heater... :D Mid engine RWD layout with a nice V8 in the back, however the V8 had gay carbs and i am more of a turbo/EFI guy. Still got a lot of work to do but she is getting there. Not a bad looking kit car, but the Ferrari badges had to go... the last owner said "i parked next to a Dink and you couldn't tell"....whatever he was smoking...i want some! :D

y

My parents are in the car trade, and i have been working for them since the tender age of 6! Which i hated when i was growing up but now its paying dividends...painting/Engine/Box/Electrical i can do it all! Sounds a bit arogent but i guess i was just lucky...

Anywat this takes me nicely onto my current project! Now i wasn't looking for a Supra, i was just looking at some salvage cars a few weeks back and happend to spot the Supra, i saw the engine and the fact it was a manual, did a bit of reaserch and found it was a UK model, result! Don't see many damged ones for sale so a bid was placed and it was mine...

A few pictures...

Turns out this car had some forum history to! Goes a little like:

D8MOA - Buys the car and does a fair few bits to it, thread on it here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?262876-My-black-uk-6-speed-rebuild-has-started he then sells it on to Trashcanman whos has a little bump and grind...i gave him a ring an basicly he said he was overtake on a slight bend in the damp/wet, the TCS come in and decided to shut down the engine power...the rest is history...

Now due to the damage the car couldn't really be put back on the road, unless you wanted a car that drove like a crab...

So a plan was hatched, buy another car and reshell, no cut corners, no bits missing, every single bracket and bit from the TT is being moved over to the NA shell. Looms, pipes the lot.

So i went on the look out for a Black NA Manual. I found the "Beast" and brought it...

A few obervations with this car:

1: Its horrendusly slow.... Reminds me of an FTO, looks like a Ferrari, goes like a Mondeo :D

2: The wheels are, by far the worst things i have ever, EVER seen... WTF he was thinking when he handed £1000 over i do not know...

3: Having to drive back 150 miles with an exhaust that seems to be disconnected to the engine gives you a massive headache... :D

These points aside, i brought it due to full years tax/MOT, Painted job 2 years ago thats be very well done, and theres no rust! I didn't even test drive it, as long as it made it home that was all i cared about! It did, just slowly and noisely! :D

Right so lets make a start!

The TT6 was not running when i brought it so first port of call was to sort that, turned out some fool had unplugged ECU and a few other bits! Any way she struck into life.. :D

Edited by Slutters (see edit history)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let move onto the NA...

A few pics:

Loving them wheels! :D

New home next to its big brother

Where the 'Magic' happens... :D

Random Flare thing i found under the carpet?!?!?!

Now this is my fravriot bit of all!!!

This is an N/A.... So what would you not need....these i think..... Such a losser...i mean why?!?!? :D

There you go NA guys, fit a Turbo timmer.... :D

Anyway started stripping the NA

Found my farting exhaust leak

Getting the papper weight ready:

Removing EcU

Nearly ready!

Bonnet of to make more room

Added aero for kit car :D

The sack of crap is out!

Happy Days!

Repeat with the TT6

Hmm wonder whats what...

Stripping out the NA Bay

Bay cleaned and all TCS/Servo/Brake pipes moved onto NA shell

Getting somewhere, all brakes/loom/AC pipes/Units moved over

Just as a reference to do all the above takes a good 6+ Hours, EVERYTHING is different...

TT6 shell starting to look a bit empty...

Chassis leg!!!

So thats the bay done, next job complete interiour/dash/car loom swap!

Will update later this week!

Still breaks my heart seeing this :-( a lot of people won't understand my pain but I sat in this car when it had done 50 miles and was brand new back in 1993 and I wanted it ever since. I got it then shortly after this happens!!

I'm glad it's being reshell'd and it can live on rather then going to the crushers.. You can obv see the amount of work I put into it power train wise!

Good luck

Fair play for taking this on, ive just reshelled my track supra so hardly any of the interior went back in, also stripped aircon and a few other bits.took me and my bro 1 week in total.

The only problem with swapping everything into the n/a shell is its never going to be the uk spec on paper, it`ll be a nice car nontheless.

Hi Ellis, near Spalding, you?

D8MOA, thats why i brought it mate, looked a clean car despite the damage, you have to look past that i was really happy with it when it arrived. Will keep you updated mate :D considering going single while the engine is out.....

Still breaks my heart seeing this :-( a lot of people won't understand my pain but I sat in this car when it had done 50 miles and was brand new back in 1993 and I wanted it ever since. I got it then shortly after this happens!!

I'm glad it's being reshell'd and it can live on rather then going to the crushers.. You can obv see the amount of work I put into it power train wise!

Good luck

you need to update your sig :D

Good luck with it mate. I know the car, the guy is an old friend of mine and he isnt a loser! Hes one of the nicest guys ive met actually. He got the car with the turbo timer etc already in it and knows nothing about cars so leave out the name calling when you dont even know the guy. Anyway welcome to the club.

Good luck with it mate. I know the car, the guy is an old friend of mine and he isnt a loser! Hes one of the nicest guys ive met actually. He got the car with the turbo timer etc already in it and knows nothing about cars so leave out the name calling when you dont even know the guy. Anyway welcome to the club.

In that case, the previous owner to him, why would you fit a turbo timer to an NA? I was only jesting dear boy... :D

Ahh, you were the one who was servicing it for him i take it?