The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear window trim?

Scutch0

I noticed a few months back (before the supra went into hibernation for the winter) that there was a little bit of orangey discolouration on a spot around the tailgate glass, looks like a tiny bit of rust coming through, so I want to tackle it over winter but ideally ill need to get under the rear window trim/surround.

How do you get it off? And once off can it be refitted or is it a throwaway item that has to be replaced?

Any hints or tips welcomed :)

hi mate to do it right the window must come out. as for the trim its 50/50 if window has been out before might be able to pull it out alittle but trim is known to twist be very carefull and if window never been out then no chance as the trim and window are glued together (trim will just split and strech) . if you know what you are doing then you could cheese wire the window and trim out in one go (two people makes life easyier) or you could knife it out from inside car with lots of warm soapy water (not good as scratchs up paintwork and heated wires on window) but someone that dose windows in your area can price up take out/refit should be around £100ish and save you time and probs if never done things like this before

hope helps as done this for years with autoglass any probs shout me and will do best to help you out