The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Maintenance

Twisted

So I've looked around all the FAQ's, Guides and Technical chat threads but I can't find anything specific to what I want to know. Maybe I'm just being blind/lazy.

To my point - I've seen recently a lot of people posting about the maintenance of supra's and how they won't look at a poorly maintained one.

What do you do to maintain your supra?

This is my first supra and performance car yet I believe maintaining one is a lot like maintaining all cars.

This is what I do at least once a month or when appropriate: Change oils, lubes and other liquids at appropriate intervals dependant on usage and mileage, change all filters and spark plugs when required, keep an eye on the brakes, check for any leaks all around the car, check wheel bearings and balls joints, check wheel alignment just through driving, look for rust all over, check for exhaust smoke that shouldn't be there, and other generally little points with making sure all the in car electronics work properly.

Is there anything MAJOR that I am missing out on?

Also I have read countless time on how a single turbo supra requires much more maintenance that the standard supra's. What exactly is different?

Thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

oh an of course keep an eye on fluid levels.

Tyre pressures i check on a regular basis, i'd also get the wheel alignment checked

properly (cambers, caster and toe) it doesn't take it to be much out to give you poor

tyre wear let alone how the car behaves.

One thing i always do is let the car get up to temp before giving it any abuse, i mean driving

it so the gearbox, diff, engine etc are all warmed up, also let it wind down when you head home,

i give my car at least a couple of miles of granny driving before i park it up :)