The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single turbo supra not boosting properly

welshbuddy

hey guys as title, it drives fine, just when it gets to boost at about 4k, its like its struggling to breath! and just stops at 4ks and spits :s?

all intercooler pipes are connected as checked.

im thinking it could be the ( little black box on the bulk head which a vacum pipe connects to, as one is not connected?) or would that go to a boost controller now?

+using alot of fuel!!

much help appreciated.

The black box sounds like a BC solenoid from what you've said. Not sure if it would make a difference, but I'm sure it replaces part of the "boost circuit" so may cause problems if it is disconnected.

My TT was doing this a while back. Never got to the bottom of it though, and it sorted itself.

The little black box on the bulk head will be for your map sensor, you need the stock one connected and the 3 bar map sensor from your emanage T'ed into it! If that's set up correct then change your coil as it sounds the same as the problem I had.

If you drive slow can you take it to the limiter, but when you floor it its like hitting a rev limiter at 4k rpm?

The little black box on the bulk head will be for your map sensor, you need the stock one connected and the 3 bar map sensor from your emanage T'ed into it! If that's set up correct then change your coil as it sounds the same as the problem I had.

If you drive slow can you take it to the limiter, but when you floor it its like hitting a rev limiter at 4k rpm?

yehp exactly what you just said :)! im going to go out now, look for the pipe that plugs into the bar map sensor, as there is a port under neath with nothing going into it :S? might of just popped off.

- - - Updated - - -

fuel cut ?

what boost ya running now shag? maxing them injectors still?

im still only running 38% boost :S lol, i need a FCD so i can crank it to 90+ lol then were talking :p.

Coil packs?

Fuel pressure issue?

Need a better description of the symptoms but my money is on fuel from what you have said.

Running twin pumps?

im running a single walbro 255/ph, im sure its something to do with the bar map sensor! :S

its been running single for a while, the stock Ecu runs a single as its a 1jz not a 2jz

Yep you will definitely need your stock map sensor connected, yeah that's correct the plastic nipple on the under side needs to have a vacume line run to it. Once you reconnect just stick a cable tie on there to stop it poping back off ;)

Is this little black box the thing with a wire coming from it and has 2 vacuum lines attatched? Mines near my alternator just hanging loose by the vaccum lines.. Should this be screwed down somewhere?

Im not sure it could be aftermarket as its still connected to the vacuum lines from the wastegates on my single. Just didnt know what it was for or whether its been changed hence why its in a wierd place.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]162391[/ATTACH]

I can't see the picture but that would be your boost control solenoid, bleeds air out so the waste gate has less pressure to open giving you more boost

• 2 weeks later...

Dont up the boost until you get bigger injectors mate.

Ive got 2JZ 440 injectors fitted with a fuel pressure regulator on the return to hold extra fuel in the rail.

Have you got rid of the fuel pulsating dampner also that bolts to the block if NO then do so as thats a real hold up for the fuel.

Also what pump you got ???

Im just over 450hp and still on stock ECU with 440cc injectors, it runs great at 1.35 bar if i push more then 1.45 then i get det and the ECU kills the power instantly.

Im going to get a syvecs in the very near future so will be looking for 550hp with 800cc injectors fitted.