The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hii all, question on quicksilver supra's

2jz.jjk

Hey All,

I keep doing seraches on Supras via google images & local car sales, Quick silver met (1B9) they all have mismatched rear bumpers. Is this normal or what? Or am i just seeing all the bad ones. I havent seen one that is factory with a normal matched colour and i have one myself. I know the colour is awesome and all but soo hard to match aswell.

What are your guys thoughts on this??.

thanks.

You will find that with a number of colours, white, gunmetal, quick silver, silver, they didn't match when new.

It's the way the paint sits on the platic as opposed to metal.

Can definitely see that, i just painted my front bar looks nice and all but i knew it would be a differnt colour match i got 1B9 and prepped a series 1 bar. Just a tad darker but still very nice.Since i had an aftermarket one that sat to low. Just going to save up for a full respray once project is complete. Quicksilver original gonna be a pain.

People say to blend it or do people just leave it? I was just curious cause people come up to me and ask if the car has been in an accident. Annoying question to get asked.

Can definitely see that, i just painted my front bar looks nice and all but i knew it would be a differnt colour match i got 1B9 and prepped a series 1 bar. Just a tad darker but still very nice.Since i had an aftermarket one that sat to low. Just going to save up for a full respray once project is complete. Quicksilver original gonna be a pain.

People say to blend it or do people just leave it? I was just curious cause people come up to me and ask if the car has been in an accident. Annoying question to get asked.

Blend it or mix a colour to match. I now have one of the only decent matching rear bumpers on a gunmetal after my paint man mixed gold in with the N06 paint.

He had done the bumper 4 times before he tried mixing. He rang me very upset to find out there were about 8 different shades.

Blend it or mix a colour to match. I now have one of the only decent matching rear bumpers on a gunmetal after my paint man mixed gold in with the N06 paint.

He had done the bumper 4 times before he tried mixing. He rang me very upset to find out there were about 8 different shades.

There were 14 shades of Lucerne Silver when ShellShocked did mine lol, he wasn't to happy either

There were 14 shades of Lucerne Silver when ShellShocked did mine lol, he wasn't to happy either

Yeah, paint is a ball breaker. think im just leave it as is and hopefully afford a full respray by the end of the year. BTW, i just found out i got ripped off with how i painted my bar just materials they said i needed such as thinners, harder, primer they told me it was required for 2 pac paint but in fact 2pac already contains it all and primer is all the same... Should of done more research but i was soo exited to start spraying cause of the weather!!! Not going back there again!! Plus i didnt know a mate was doing panel beating!!! should of got him to do it.

Thanks for the input!