The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will prices ever go up again?

Rob_Mitchell

Do you guys ever think prices for the supra will ever boom again? or is it just going to get worse?. I remember scouting for big power supra's and the prices held great around £25-30k few years back, i know breaking gets money back but other cars hold there value, like ford cosworths.

God knows what ill see for mine in the current market but it will be definately worth more in parts.

I guess its all down to the current rescession?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem now is that the car has slipped into council estate money, so you then have chavs who can't afford to run it, the cars get tattier and it just gets caught in a downward spiral as the N/A's drag the price of the TTs down and the auto's drag the prices of the manuals down.

I was thinking the exact thing the other day, I wouldnt know where to begin with breaking mine let alone pricing things up. I hope the market does go back up I dont think i'll get half back on mine what ive spent the way things are selling.

What you thinking Rob? :)

I was thinking the exact thing the other day, I wouldnt know where to begin with breaking mine let alone pricing things up. I hope the market does go back up I dont think i'll get half back on mine what ive spent the way things are selling.

What you thinking Rob? :)

Not planning nothing mate, i know what mines worth on paper and i will break if i had to let her go. I am just curious as you look at other cars and they seem to never drop in value as much. I know a supra is juicy to run but is the modified/high powered performance car market just fading out?

Not planning nothing mate, i know what mines worth on paper and i will break if i had to let her go. I am just curious as you look at other cars and they seem to never drop in value as much. I know a supra is juicy to run but is the modified/high powered performance car market just fading out?

I dont think so, I think its partly down to the recession as insurance and fuel prices are stinging people aswel let alone buying a performance car to begin with. I suppose im just gunno enjoy having mine until there worthless then break...

had a brooklands 280 only had 54k on the clock sold it for 4k probably worth 4 times that now, if you can find one thats not a copy , but saying that there were only 1038 to start with supras are hardly exclusive or limited . so tbh i cant see the prices picking up a great deal .

it will be what someones prepared to pay for one .

They will never go back up in price, I don't think they are doing to bad for an old car tbh, what keeps the prices decent is the fact the drivetrain is so good, will always be worth a few quid in parts.

Yeah i broke a few and earned a nice drink afterwards. I agree on that. Just cant see why big single owners dont get there £18-25k asking price tag? We all know it cost that if you was to build a FULL car, so why dont they ever sell. Better cars about for the money and performance within that budget?

Not because i own one but i still think the shape of the supra is stunning!

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

I reckon with the decreasing supply from Japan, and the huge following these Sup's have, its a matter of time before they start to gain value, pristine original examples of most cars hold their value to that of their altered/modified counterparts.

Better cars about for the money and performance within that budget?

Probably this is the reason as in the GTR thread for example some of the figures JP and others said you could pick them up for after 3 years would probably make them a far more attractive buy for a bit more cash than a Supra.

Wasn't it Jamie who also saw a Lambo Gallardo for sale for 26k before he brought his GTR?

Probably this is the reason as in the GTR thread for example some of the figures JP and others said you could pick them up for after 3 years would probably make them a far more attractive buy for a bit more cash than a Supra.

Wasn't it Jamie who also saw a Lambo Gallardo for sale for 26k before he brought his GTR?

Not me.

Well before turning into another gtr thread, they still are around the £35-45k mark to buy? so not in the high performance supra bracket of £20-25k. I would like a gtr but still out my price range.

First car I brought was a 550bhp single auto with do luck kit and double sixes in Blue, I paid 20k, I would say the same car is worth half that now and that was only 8 years ago, don't see them rising in price until most of them have gone to the scrapers yard

Prob worth that price in parts still though? doluck stuff is always exspensive. you got a pic of the car Dean?

Not me.

Really :think:

Maybe it was Abz as I remember in a thread seeing a black one from pistonheads posted up but there was talk about clutches on them being changed around 10k miles for a pretty hefty price.

Either way back on topic I would imagine the best chance you have to make any decent money back is to part it up which would be a bloody shame or it will probably be exported somewhere.

Would you actually want to break it Rob?

Well before turning into another gtr thread, they still are around the £35-45k mark to buy? so not in the high performance supra bracket of £20-25k. I would like a gtr but still out my price range.

IMHO there is no £20-25k supra bracket anymore, and there has not been for a long time, what the most recent good single sold for? Doluck supra was £17k iirc and that's a car with super low miles and great history.

It simple really, if you had 25k cash, you would feel guilty spending it on a 14 year old car when with just another 15k u could buy a 2 year old GTR. But for those that already have a supra, you buy the parts bit by bit and you kid yourself that you aren't actually sinking a fortune in car parts, there fore there is a bigger market to selling parts and almost none for buying a high performance supra.

IMHO there is no £20-25k supra bracket anymore, and there has not been for a long time, what the most recent good single sold for? Doluck supra was £17k iirc and that's a car with super low miles and great history.

Yeah just cant understand why though :D, performance parts are not getting any cheaper for the supra! so why aint they holding value.. strange.

The doluck you can sell on complete due to the history, would have thought that was more £££

I know it had been blasted around a lot but wasn't the Envy supra up for sale for £20k+