The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Window either shut or fully open.

Kaan W

Just a slight problem with my drivers side window as sometimes it wont open and I first have to press the switch up then down for it to open. Then it wont stop when I let go it carries on going all the way down. Then I have to press the switch down for a second then up for it to go back up again with the same problem occuring when I let go it just carries on going up.

Passenger side works fine.

Something is obviously faulty but what?

auto matic down mate , try just half pressing it down you should feel a differance in the switch and it should stop when you let go

Oh really! Ive never even realised you can half press it lol. Proves how heavy handed I am i'll check this in a bit. Thanks :)

So all those times in the rain ive been driving round with the window fully open because of the windows misting up. Silly sod...

Try putting the air vents to the screen de mist setting and also don't have it on re circ ;)

I am hoping that is a joke Kaan... :D

If not then Dr Dunk has a solution for you... ;)

Try putting the air vents to the screen de mist setting and also don't have it on re circ ;)

Thanks Dunk :)

I am hoping that is a joke Kaan... :D

If not then Dr Dunk has a solution for you... ;)

No joke im affraid :) Just me being a half wit again lol.

lol this has made my day

Ha, leave me alone :D

*facepalm*

After turning aircon on you can literally count to 5 and the mist goes.

Who do people remove aircon? Mystery to me.

misty in the winter. Boiling hot in the summer. No noticeable performance increase by removing it unless your doing SERIOUS track stuff.

My car had it taken out. I had it refitted. New parts are very expensive. You can't garentee 2nd hand parts will work or last. And when I had it refitted the compressor was slightly skewed so was chewing the belt. Unless I was looking for a project car I'd never buy a car without aircon.

*facepalm*

After turning aircon on you can literally count to 5 and the mist goes.

Who do people remove aircon? Mystery to me.

misty in the winter. Boiling hot in the summer. No noticeable performance increase by removing it unless your doing SERIOUS track stuff.

My car had it taken out. I had it refitted. New parts are very expensive. You can't garentee 2nd hand parts will work or last. And when I had it refitted the compressor was slightly skewed so was chewing the belt. Unless I was looking for a project car I'd never buy a car without aircon.

Its just another thing to go wrong/maintain in my books. Im not really interested in my luxury extras in my cars I just like to have fun :eyebrows:

So do you use petrol or diesel?

Ha, im stupid but not that stupid :)

Whats petrol?

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

Other than saving a few kg's i doubt anyone on here would notice

even on track, unless you remove lots of other stuff as well like

o/e seats, spare wheel, interior trim, carpet etc

In my opinion it actually de values the car as i like my air/con on hot summer

days :cool: even if we only have a handful of them.

Drive round the south of France for a week or two in the summer and you'll

be very happy you have it :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

ive never even tried mine, my aircon rad looks damaged so never bothered trying it.

i was going to change the rad and aircon rad together soon but for that i have to get it emptied first dont i?

I just stuck a screw driver in the fill valve at the front and emptied it. Mine looked damaged too and it was in the way of my coolers so thats why I removed it.

Change the switch mate, should just unplug and can't imagine they are more than a couple of quid. If it doesn't fix it, might be something to do with the motor but highly doubt it as the switch tells it what to do