The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie here from canada

suprakid95

hello guys, first off i want to say, that i got to know this forum much better, after people from Supraforums were linking me for DIY supra jobs here, so i figured there really must be some acknowledgeable supra owners here, who sometimes like to fix their car them selfes, like my self and save a bit of money. Anyways, i have a 1993 Supra Twin Turbo automatic (i know i know) its got 108 000 km's or 68 000 miles on it, truly a very clean car that has come out of japan, its amazing condition i would say in person, besides 3 really small dings, the car is just about perfect. the engine runs smooth, however its got some problems ( i made a new thread to help me solve those problems). It is a bone stock supra, nothing aftermarket on it, besides the turbo timer. I would say its a clean un-molested car. It even came with its original supra manual, and its original receipt of the price paid for it brand new in japan with all the options on it, and the total price of the car out the door in YEN, its also got a bunch of maintainance stickers done in japan, so i can tell the owner liked to take care of it. Here are some pics of my pile.

welcome

my jspec auto has about 150k MILES on it and 80k of that was at bpu now its gone single and done about 5k at 523bhp . so i wouldnt let the milage get you down mate in the slightest, as long as you service it regular it will do you fine my car has never seen 10k between oil changes.

Welcome :)

"It is a bone stock supra, nothing aftermarket on it, besides the turbo timer"

You forgot to say the wheels are aftermarket aswell ;)

haha sorry :p i was referring mostly to the engine. And i like to drive my alot as well. Thing is here in Canada the winter season hits hard mid november, so it will tend to go in storage then. I just got the car in september it arrived in my city, so i didnt get much driving in from it, i put about 2K on it since i got it. Now it just sits in the garage all day until spring time

same here i was thinking to change the ones in the fender for some clear ones, and the signal lights in the bumper upgrade them to 97' style ones. But i may sell the car, so no point in putting more money into it

Yeah would look a lot better with both fitted. Though why are you thinking of selling if you don't mind me asking? :)

Yeah would look a lot better with both fitted. Though why are you thinking of selling if you don't mind me asking? :)

i would like to purchase a 6 speed. I have doubts that this car will be selling, because i posted it up when fall came around i believe around october, and not one reply or call for it. But who knows come spring time it may sell. Every were i go with this car, people ask me if its 6 speed, i tell them its auto, they tell me its gay. I also saw how happy many supra owners with 6 speeds are, and how bullet proof those transmissions are. So i would like to purchase one to see what all this fuss is about

i would like to purchase a 6 speed. I have doubts that this car will be selling, because i posted it up when fall came around i believe around october, and not one reply or call for it. But who knows come spring time it may sell. Every were i go with this car, people ask me if its 6 speed, i tell them its auto, they tell me its gay. I also saw how happy many supra owners with 6 speeds are, and how bullet proof those transmissions are. So i would like to purchase one to see what all this fuss is about

I'd drive one first before making any kind of rash decision. I've never driven am auto but the auto box is really highly rated on this forum and is supposed to be really nice to drive and makes it a perfect daily. Not sure how an auto can be "gay" people are obviously jealous or haven't got a clue on what they're talking about. You could also try to source a 6 speed conversion and change it if you have your heart set on a 6 speed and struggle to sell your car :)

I'd drive one first before making any kind of rash decision. I've never driven am auto but the auto box is really highly rated on this forum and is supposed to be really nice to drive and makes it a perfect daily. Not sure how an auto can be "gay" people are obviously jealous or haven't got a clue on what they're talking about. You could also try to source a 6 speed conversion and change it if you have your heart set on a 6 speed and struggle to sell your car :)

your right man. The auto box is very smooth box, perfect for daily driving, makes it like ur driving a mercedes benz, not a TT sports car. I just am more of a manual person, i love to control what the car does, what gear i am in, plus we can all admit that driving a 6 speed supra over an automatic supra is more fun in every way, except when it comes to heavy stop and go traffic. But i dont drive in that at all. Only reason why i got the auto supra was because i couldnt afford a 6 speed supra right off the bat

I see what you mean, my supra is the only car I drive and I really wished I had gone with an auto TT at times as its horrible driving it through central London in traffic. Though when it comes down to open roads I love the feel of a manual and I agree it is definitely more fun. Either way good luck with your search for a tt6 considering the way your car currently looks I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet as its a nice example. Though like you said I sure it'll find a buyer come spring when the weathers more appropriate for such a car

i would like to purchase a 6 speed.

I just am more of a manual person, i love to control what the car does, what gear i am in, plus we can all admit that driving a 6 speed supra over an automatic supra is more fun in every way

Good call! :thumbs:

The auto 'box is rated very highly, but I'm not interested in owning one for the very reasons you state. Other than for perhaps the drag strip (PERHAPS...) and the (much more mundane) occasional heavy-traffic-in-town drive, I'd rather have a manual any day. :)

Good call! :thumbs:

The auto 'box is rated very highly, but I'm not interested in owning one for the very reasons you state. Other than for perhaps the drag strip (PERHAPS...) and the (much more mundane) occasional heavy-traffic-in-town drive, I'd rather have a manual any day. :)

of course! However if i cannot sell my car, i will keep it save up a shit ton of money, and swap a 6 speed into it. either way. I have driven the automatic tt supra, an na 5 speed, and now im trying to upgrade to a 6 speed. Once i have driven the 6 speed. I will be able to say which is best. either way, na 5 speed, i would take a auto TT supra over na 5 speed supra any day. Even with automatic, even tho its got 4 gears, with the manu button, i can drop a gear, and floor it, and it goes. however only spring time will tell the future and relationship between me and my current supra