The mkiv Supra Owners Club

question about glovebox cover (gauge pods)

arne

Hi,

I'm looking for this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-mk4-Carbon-Fibre-Glovebox-Cover-3-x-gauge-Pod-RHD-LHD-/321041297924?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D4417782553632439499%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D321022278700%26

That (together with them gauges) isn't expensive, but does it take alot of work to fit the wires from ...( the engine,...?) to the gauges?

kind regards

The way you have phrased that makes out like you think it comes with the gauges? Which it does not. Of cause I could be mistaken, and you already know this, and now I look like a pleb... Ha ha

Either way, it does not come with gauges, and when you have the gauges, I can't see it being to complicated to wire them up and fit them!

I'm sorry for my bad English but I know that the gauges aren't included...

I'm just wondering how long it takes to fit the wiring from the gauges to the engine (and wherever they need to be fitted at :p) takes...

It's not that this requires to take out the dashboard and needs more than a day work?? ; what will be very expensive since I can't do such things...

kind regards

If you use capillary type gauges for oil temp and oil pressure, and for boost, you will have instant reaction gauges, much simplified wiring, and often a better quality gauge. Whilst not difficult, doing OE quality wiring in the engine bay demands some costly crimping tools, decent moisture proof connectors, and some forethought. It's VERY easy to make a messy, unreliable installation that will look untidy and be potentially unreliable. The less you have the stock loom about, the better, as well. (for access to instrument light feeds etcetera).

There's no need to take the dash out, but a decent install will take a full day.