The mkiv Supra Owners Club

condensation

peter richards

You should see my engine bay! its a right mess at the moment

I'm the same as Rob it seems - the cabin itself is fine but the inside of the bonnet gets so much condensation on it it's not true! I've taken to lying a pair of cheap bath towels on top of the engine when I wrap her up for the night to soak up any water. That seems to be working so far...

Have you tried one of the all-weather car covers? That may help keep the condensation away. Have a look on eBay, they're around £45. :)

Surely having the heater on and the windows open "slighlty" is the answer. There is obviously moisture getting into the car when it rains so sorting the seals would be the first thing.

I am not having this problem, maybe because of the age of the car or could the car cover.

H.

Surely having the heater on and the windows open "slighlty" is the answer. There is obviously moisture getting into the car when it rains so sorting the seals would be the first thing.

I am not having this problem, maybe because of the age of the car or could the car cover.

H.

It seems to help doing that on mine, but a dry day at the moment is hard to come by

I will be looking at replacing all my door and boot seals next year, guess it's just the age catching up with us all now,

I also need to do a slight adjustment on my Drivers window, I have been putting it off as it is scratched, so I will replace it anyway at some point

I think you need better ventilation rather than new seals, put a de humidifier in the

car when its parked up.

Condensation is caused by different air temps on one side of the glass to the other

isn't it, just like in my house, the windows don't leak but there covered in water droplets

Yup, having replaced all the seals for the aero roof, it still leaks like a mofo, so having to go and dryit out every other day until the garage door gets fixed and I can put it back in the garage, just worried about mould taking over at the moment :eek: .

I have a slight leak with my aero seals too, I've tied some weather seal conditioner but its been left in my shop for the last few weeks so havnt tested it to see if its helped in anyway.

If you don't mind could you pm me the price of a new set of seals please. Just as I see you have splashed out for some and I'm thinking of doing the same :)