The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto shine vortex generator fitted pictures required.

skyline1

Hey all

my Auto shine rear diffuser is gonna be fitted within the next week but also bought the vortex generators too , i know where they go but would like to see some detailed pictures of where you guys have put them.

what angles , distances have you put them.

Had a look for some good pictures but couldnt find what i wanted.

pictures will be a good help if anyone knows where to find them.

Im sure there was a black spoilerless supra with red interior that shown some good pictures but cant remember who it was.

Cheers mate :D i apreciate it : ) looking forward to it being on too.

Found a few where the diffuser itself had been rivveted to be face of the bumper too....the piece that comes up the rear bumper below the number plate.... is there any need?

Think this is due to it be a bit fimsey, i havent done this though and have not intention too. Think its a bit over kill, i just added suport on the brackets instead.

I had to fit mine differently due to the Oem Spats being blended and extended

I screwed the back up really tight to my rear bumper, I did it so it sat flush with the bumper instead of sticking out, idea being it looks more stock that way

I will have a pic somewhere, give me a minute

and there are a load of pics from when I cut it up and fitted it in my build thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244206-My-Widebody-Trd-how-it-was-done-by-ShellShocked-UPDATED-With-New-Pics-11-3-2012/page4 post 157 onwards

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Oh my bad get ya now. I have to say the way you have fitted yours does look good. Sits lovely and straight in comparison to some you see.

It was a pig to fit like this, as my build thread explained, but I think it was worth the effort

I don't think you would be able to fit it like I have without spats, as I cut and chopped the mounting pieces

The tray itself is actually going into the bottom of the spat, I had to trim the base of the spat to allow it to sort of blend into it rather than going under it and it sits perfectly level with the inside of the spat in the rear arch as well

Don't rivet or screw in to the bumper mate, I spent ages trying to find a solution to avoid doing that.

Used brackets and attatch them underneath so you can't see Any ugly screw heads.

I looked at a few at supra pod and if you spend the time an fit it right you won't regret it!

We did see some shocking examples I must say