The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP! I need a UK Spec Supra

Guest ESPzetec

Guest ESPzetec

Right, Im after a 3.0i Twin Turbo Supra. However for insurance purposes, it needs to be UK Spec.

Where can i find one.

Before you all shout - "A'Trader" at me i know about that one!

Thing is, i cant even tell whats an import, and whats not.

On that note, can you offer me any advice on what to look for when i am buying the car? I want a relatively standard one, that i can modify personally!

You can usually tell the UK-spec from the bonnet vents and the headlight washers which stick out at the front. Both of which don't come as standard fit on J-spec models.

The tail lights will also have a slightly different layout with the reverse lights being between the brake and the fog lights. J-specs have the fog light and brake light right next to each other (have I got that the right way round? - I'll be corrected if I haven't no doubt).

Although there are one or two j-specs out there wich have had after-market bonnet vents fitted.

If its a UK-spec the seller will normally say it is so, it makes the vehicle more attractive to buyer due to the reason you have already stated, and they genrally hold their price better.

Plus they are a far superior car anyway !!!!! :p

Hmmm, I'll ring them tomorrow. :thumbs:

I don't know how anyone could bear to part with something that had done that many miles and given great service - it's virtually a pet, or a member of the family! :p

Be good to see how much "ooomph" it still has.

I think the genral consensus is that the more miles an engine has done then the more natural power it produces. So it shouldn't be a case of how much ommmpphh it still has, more of a case of how much MORE ooompphhh it has over a lower milage engine.

If its been serviced regularly with belt changes etc. then should be anything to worry about.

Originally posted by AJI

I think the genral consensus is that the more miles an engine has done then the more natural power it produces. So it shouldn't be a case of how much ommmpphh it still has, more of a case of how much MORE ooompphhh it has over a lower milage engine.

I had no idea! Thanks for that information. :thumbs: