The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a reason to keep it

marc_p

Aghhhh, I know I haven't been on in a while(maybe that has something to do with it), but I'm suddenly having strong desires to stop the single build, sell the Supra and buy a Z06 Corvette and desperately looking for reasons why I shouldn't(mainly because of the amount of money I will lose at a guess).

I know a couple of people on here have C6/Z06 Corvettes but can't remember there names and hoping they may chip in with some massive cons.

I think another reason is the real decline in the value of the Supra's, especially single ones, they seem to be going for a pittance now and I just have a feeling that as the price comes down, more get bought to rag round council estates which then push the price down even further, does anyone else have worries about the current Supra values?

Alternatively, feel free to tell me to lose the chicken poop attitude, man up, get on with it and drop the attention seeking post (or alternatively deal drugs for a year and have both :D).

The problem I found is that the Supra, when I got it, was a serious step up from the MR2 Turbo. It was also quicker than my X5 - the perfect car. BPU made it more so. Then I get the 535d, remap it and point to point it's as quick as the Supra upto 80ish. I do the Twins and all is good, till I had a go in a more modern sports car. At that point, you realise that you put up with the Supra because you do love the power - it's a stonking engine carrying around a 20 year old chassis design.

Once you have that itch, it's very hard to scratch it till it completely goes. More often than not, it will come back and come back harder.

The Supra for the current owner, is a real dilema. For the potential owner, times have never been so good.

is it the black rz marc? i think you should begin by selling me the arp spoiler (is it arp) ?

Nope, it's my facelift 6-speed TT aerotop(bit of a mouthfull)

Build the single and have some fun in it I think your losing the love because you can't drive it just now.

More than likely, it's been about 4 months since I last even sat in it, winter blues and what-not.

Its the time of year I think. I keep thinking about breaking and selling mine, but I know once the roads dry and the new autobox is fitted all will be good again.

Some times i just fancy a newer car, hence Im currently looking at Monaros for a laugh.

I bought my E60 as I wanted something newer, but TBH, I was just as happy in my Impreza(just fuel wasn't great for a DD).