The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting RMM front Lip

SupraP-Z

Hey all, tried having a go at this yesterday..but i couldnt even get the damn oem lip off. The bolts or whatever they are are just spinning along with the nut at the bottom. Then thought of the gnius idea to take the front bumper off...tried removing one of the nuts on the underside of the bumper...and the pansy just snapped. I thought id better leave it till i order some new parts to fit it with :D

How do i go about taking the oem lip off? from what i felt, it seems to have some sort of rectangular head? cant actually get mole grips or pliers up over the top to grab it while undoing the nut at the bottom. Also anyone got part numbers for all the screws/bolts/retainers that hold the front bumper and lip in place? As it stands (not done by me) the front lip is held in place by 4 nuts and bolts, and and the rest are cable ties lol

I left the bumper on as that way it was fixed in the shape it was going to be when on the car if that makes sense. Just jacked it up about 2-3ft on axel stands.

Clamped the splitter from the back to the bumper in position and drilled through both with an 8mm drill bit, bolted it up one by one clamp by clamp and get presto, one Rmm lip!

Fitted above :)

Not that you need to but did you consider chopping the "ears" ( bits that go up the side of the bumper) off your RMM lip ? .. ive been reading up on it a fair bit and have found lots of people on supraforums USA have chopped them off to give a more OEM look about it. Not to sure if like it with or without the ears.