The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello and help !

Guest columbo

Guest columbo

hello fella's.

am new here and could do with some help and advice with a couple of issues.

my car is a 1997 RZ TT 6 speed manual.

88autobahm front mount intercooler

hks air intake

super dragger exhaust

hks blowoff valve

ok , so the central locking packed it in last week and i am not sure where to get a replacement control module ( if thats the problem ? ) i have the module under the drivers seat and have read that it sometimes fails because of damp or wet weather...no shortage of that here :)

i was also thinking about upgrading to a dual core aluminium radiator...is it worth doing ? and where is the best place to get one that will fit my car ?

a few other squeaks and rattles tha i would like to get ironed out but i wont bore anybody with that right now ..lol

thanks for any help and advice.

Guest columbo

oh yeah there is also an issue with a triangle red/orange warning light with an exclamation mark that comes on when i hit 100 kph ( 60 ish ) somebody suggested it might be from a sensor that would have been fitted to the original bumper for some reason !? ( have a veilside kit fitted which was on the car when i bought it...so i dont know anything about this sensor IF thats the issue...

Guest columbo
The module under the drivers seat is O.E alarm, I think you'll find the control module you seek is behind the dash near to the upper glove-box.

Give Keron a call, he'll sort you out.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?676-keron

thanks David, whats is the OE alarm ? is that just the alarm that was factory fitted ?

i would be a bit worried if my mechanic has been looking at the wrong control module...he is ex-toyota so he should know what he's at ! but all the searches i have done also stated that the CL module is in the dash.

i will have to tell him is is looking at the wrong unit.

thanks David, whats is the OE alarm ? is that just the alarm that was factory fitted ?

i would be a bit worried if my mechanic has been looking at the wrong control module...he is ex-toyota so he should know what he's at ! but all the searches i have done also stated that the CL module is in the dash.

i will have to tell him is is looking at the wrong unit.

Yes, yes and yes. :shrug:

oh yeah there is also an issue with a triangle red/orange warning light with an exclamation mark that comes on when i hit 100 kph ( 60 ish ) somebody suggested it might be from a sensor that would have been fitted to the original bumper for some reason !? ( have a veilside kit fitted which was on the car when i bought it...so i dont know anything about this sensor IF thats the issue...

Your car might have came with an active spoiler as standard, they have to be removed if fitting an aftermarket bumper. The active comes down at 60 mph iirc. The triangle will be coming on to tell you that the active isn't coming down.

Guest columbo
Your car might have came with an active spoiler as standard, they have to be removed if fitting an aftermarket bumper. The active comes down at 60 mph iirc. The triangle will be coming on to tell you that the active isn't coming down.

yep that sounds 100% right, so what can i do to sort it out mate ?

I think there is a control box for this behind the stereo, i think it is marked active spoiler. Try disconnecting it and take it a run to see if that will do it.

Should fix it!

Stock radiator is a good unit, fensport do one which is good if yours is knackered.

The central locking control unit is behind and just below the right most dash air vent next to your dash mounted passenger side airbag, it is on oblong blue box I think. Good luck, I hated getting the damn thing out.

Guest columbo
Hi mate,

What makes you want to upgrade the radiator...? Im running over 700bhp on the stock rad with no problems at all...

Thanks mate , i had serious issues with over-heating during the summer ( temp guage was hitting 100 quite often and the rad cap came apart ) and i thought a bigger rad would up the cooling capacity and sort that out. was also considering a vented bonnet - but i cant find one that i like :)

Guest columbo
I think there is a control box for this behind the stereo, i think it is marked active spoiler. Try disconnecting it and take it a run to see if that will do it.

thanks for that, jeez i hate pulling out the head unit...ended up stripping half the dash and steering column last time.

Guest columbo

thanks Gaz, not looking forward to it !

Should fix it!

Stock radiator is a good unit, fensport do one which is good if yours is knackered.

The central locking control unit is behind and just below the right most dash air vent next to your dash mounted passenger side airbag, it is on oblong blue box I think. Good luck, I hated getting the damn thing out.

thanks for that, jeez i hate pulling out the head unit...ended up stripping half the dash and steering column last time.

Unfortunately you NEED to remove the dash panels mate.

Pull out the gear lever surround.

Take the odo etc panel off

Dial surround

Main panel.

Only way to get at the stereo mountings unfortunately.

Oh, and annoying squeaks.......guarantee one of them comes from the rear? Check your boot lid rubbers. They go hard with age, and if not already, probably need replacing. Common problem now ;)

Guest columbo
Unfortunately you NEED to remove the dash panels mate.

Pull out the gear lever surround.

Take the odo etc panel off

Dial surround

Main panel.

Only way to get at the stereo mountings unfortunately.

Oh, and annoying squeaks.......guarantee one of them comes from the rear? Check your boot lid rubbers. They go hard with age, and if not already, probably need replacing. Common problem now ;)

Thanks mate....i'll check them boot rubbers for sure, although some of the squeaks are caused by my last

attempt at dismantling the dash ..lol, and the drivers side recaro makes a very annoying squeak too.