The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally got myself a supra :)

TBDevelopments

Been on here a few months now and well finally bought a supra and it was the first one I really wanted, unfortunately i missed out and it got sold to someone else. a nice chap called Geo but after he was forced to sell I had the option to buy again so I snapped his hand off.

Not taken pictures myself yet as still sorting out trade insurance on it but these are the import pics from about 4 months back, Nothing has really changed.

Tim :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need something on the front end and some nice alloys. Suggestions welcome. can't see to find a lip spoiler i like, tempted to paint the stock one but would be nice to get a lip that has the same curves as the sides. follows the lines.

Toyota did very similar skirts as TRD option on the gt4 and as standard on the starlet glanza and both cars had front spats or lips that carried on that skirt lines. Shame i can't seem to find anything for the supra which does that.

Tim

yeah i got very lucky to be able to buy it back.

Exterior is going to stay OEM, i've just sold my full phoenix power mr2 because i'm getting old and going away from bodykits etc. SO this will stay oem skirts and spats just want a nice front lip to match, and some really nice JDM wheels. Again not sure.

I'm also pushed towards some nice white TE37's but there hard to get in the right offset and aggressive stance at the rear. Bit like the amuze but with a meaty 18" over the skinny 17" thats car ran

Tim

i hate buying wheels, i think this car definitely needs a set, looking at it parked on the drive now the wheels look lost under the arches. Stresses me out trying to make a rescission on wheels as you get it wrong and its £2500 your not getting back, then its tyres ontop

Tim

Very true Tim! Good luck on finding the right wheels, be good to see what you get! Im sure Santa will give you some ;)

oh ok really, what website is that?

Well want something that looks nice and aggressive, but nothing over the top (contraindication i know) i can roll the arch as i do have a arch lip rolling tool so thats not a problem. But want the wheel and tyre to sit normally, ideal as far out as possible but still being able to go into the arch if needed on big bumps. tyres properly fitted so none of this stretch that goes on as i am building a fast road setup over just show.

Tim

I use http://www.willtheyfit.com , if you use your current wheel dimensions and then measure the extra poke and inset you want. I remember that your supra has coilovers so would need to roll your arches to run the sort of fitment you are after. My rear wheels in my eyes are perfect amount of poke, and a run a 255 tyre. a 255 tyre is the minimum width recommended, so they are not stretched but the sidewalls are tweaked outwards. I believe Porsches' run tyres like this from factory as it stiffens the sidewall.

So wheel wise 10" width ET20 offset 255tyre -- 11"width ET32 Offset 275tyre

The fronts I would have to work it out

Oh got that calculator already, thought it was a website you could swap different wheel pictures onto a car. thats what i really need to go for the style i want

if possible i wanted to run something a bit bigger on the back, correct me if i'm wrong but a 275 is easily done isn't it without any hastle?

I plan on running a small single GTX35 so want the extra grip, same up front really, 245-255 is norm isn't it?

Tim