The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evening all, new UK spec owner..

Guest JayK88

One day! :D that got ya!

I have been signed up to the forum for a little while now, but not yet introduced myself..

I am Jamie from Bedfordshire, and I am a Lime/ conservation plasterer, currently saving up for a Toyota Supra, UK spec! :D

I am not too sure what people do in the intro threads - I aint looked at any others!

I hope to be very active on the forum as soon as possible with my Supra! :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Jay.

If you want some opinion on the Supra you are looking at why not post a few pictures and we can share some views on it. Never know the one you will be viewing could be members on here and someone will know past history about it:D

Either way good luck with your search.

Welcome mate :)

Any particular reason your looking for a UK spec?

one being the rarity, I love having things that are few are far between, it will have to be a Manual too. Not only that though, they're a slightly better spec from what I have researched!

Welcome to the club mate, you clearly have great taste opting for a UK spec!

Let me know when you've finished saving, never thought I'd say it but could be persuaded to sell with growing pressure to fund an engagement/wedding and a London house purchase!

It will be a little while yet unfortunately, although I am working as hard as possible for it to be sooner, what is yours out of curiosity anyway, Manual or Auto?

It will be a little while yet unfortunately, although I am working as hard as possible for it to be sooner, what is yours out of curiosity anyway, Manual or Auto?

Thats's fine as I don't want to sell but you can't have everything!

It's a manual, totally standard and as it came out of the factory, well apart from a newly aquired set of BBS LM alloys but have kept the original wheels. Low miles relative to age (95k) with thousands spent on prevantative maintence and non of this rust underneath that everyone thinks UK specs suffer from.

You also forgot the main benefit of the UK cars, cheap insurance!

one being the rarity, I love having things that are few are far between, it will have to be a Manual too. Not only that though, they're a slightly better spec from what I have researched!

Rare? We seem to have more UK Specs for sale!! :D

Better spec in what way?

Better spec in what way?

Lets start with full leather interior trim and all the options (active aero, heated seats etc) as standard, better suspension developed for our shit roads, steel turbo's, bigger injectors, large case diff, diff cooler, big brakes as standard and not to mention the dildo's on the front. Hell even the small things in life such as a rear fog light make a differnce

Lets start with full leather interior trim and all the options (active aero, heated seats etc) as standard, better suspension developed for our shit roads, steel turbo's, bigger injectors, large case diff, diff cooler, big brakes as standard and not to mention the dildo's on the front. Hell even the small things in life such as a rear fog light make a differnce

He was comparing the manual being better spec than the auto ;)

Don't forget CD autochanger, twin interior lights, electric headlight adjusters and a rear bumper that doesn't have some horrible plastic around the number plate :p

He was comparing the manual being better spec than the auto ;)

You sure about that?! Anyway just saw an opportunity to have some fun and big up the UK spec. Not even sure spec is relevant after nearly 20 years, cars will need to assessed on their individual merits . . . . . and insurance quotes!

Better spec in what way?

struggling to find any at the moment, only found one I think in a very long time which is still for sale now by "paul brown", its red.. lovely looking Supra :) (manual not auto!)

as above! an I also forgot about the cheap insurance haha, that's a bonus. Although rarity over all things is why I am most keen on the UK.