The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paintwork damage

Graham1984

I thought I would treat my car to a festive clean and polish as it was not meant to rain for the next few days and yesterday I spotted on the passenger side a small dull spot where it looks like the clear coat has either been knocked off by some other !!!!!!! Or just through age.

The paint behind it looked fine (I think) and the area looked about the size of a 1p coin, just wondered if there is anything I could do myself to fix it or the best way to go about it and a rough guess on what the damage will be. It pee's me off as I swear it was not like that when I left my house saturday morning and the only place I went was the supermarket and garage and my car stayed at home the rest of the time. It may only be a Na but I am still peed off anyway.

I will post up a photo if I make it back home during daylight this week.

Worried the rest of the clear coat will get worse hence why I would rather sort it out before it gets worse, it just looks like the paint is fine but has no shine to it after the laquer chipped off. I doubt I will be able to get a daylight shot of it until saturday due to it getting dark so early.

I might have a look to see if I can get a torch and take a picture on my phone but considering it is a blackberry a house brick or a potato would do a better job.

Chichester-20121215-00035.jpg

Here is a picture of it, its a bit bigger than a 2p coin now, I used one of those so called "magic clear coat pens" just to try and seal it and hold it together, might even try the chips away people to see how much they will charge. If anyone has any ideas or even on cost ect please let me know so I have a rough idea.

Many thanks.

Chichester-20121215-00035.jpg

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

The clear coat just flakes away hence why I chucked that crap on it earlier. Just got a quote for 200 for the quarter panel to be redone from a bodyshop in chichester.

When it happened and I noticed last weekend it was a really dull red underneath and a distinct dip, the only reason it looks more full is due to that pen rubbish I put over it to stop it all flaking away as it took the clear coat off completely.

The pictures don't really show the true extent.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)