The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's this light mean

motley

Supra been parked up for a while so could get the wheels refurbed. Took it out yesterday and it was fine then started it to come home and the dash lit up. I know the battery discharge light but can't find in the book what the light on the right of it is... Can anyone enlighten me...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355046694.795580.jpg

Thanks guys. I have a feeling it may be the alternator. Car went heavy steering before I turned it off. Turned the engine off tried it again and it was just clicking coupled with the battery discharge it kind of adds up.

Battery recharged and held a charge but the lights for discharge and the cat are on. Oh well more expense.

I had all sorts of warnings come up when my alternator failed. The guy I went to said that you should never jump lead or power pack start a Supra as it burns out the pack on the back? Just connect jump leads and leave the good batteries engined car running for 15 mins to push the charge across.

I got my alternator from /supra sanctuary. He trades on e bay under loadedsoarer (702) and is in Wisbech. Knows his stuff on alternators.

Will only deal through e mail.

I had all sorts of warnings come up when my alternator failed. The guy I went to said that you should never jump lead or power pack start a Supra as it burns out the pack on the back? Just connect jump leads and leave the good batteries engined car running for 15 mins to push the charge across.

I got my alternator from /supra sanctuary. He trades on e bay under loadedsoarer (702) and is in Wisbech. Knows his stuff on alternators.

Will only deal through e mail.

Thanks for this I will contact him and see if he can help with the alternator