The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your top 3 supra's?

Rob_Mitchell

We have done lots of these threads and they seem to always end in the wrong way. Lets be serious with this thread.

Right! after bluewater meet we was chatting and its amazing how many times different people mention other members cars as there inspiration for building there own. So i guess, what are your top 3 most influential supras which have helped you build your own car.

here are mine and i have little storys.

1- Jamie Prices- black beast.

I first saw this car a toddington services and i had only posted a handful of times on the forum, so had no idea who he was or the car. He pulled up next to waynes (blue doluck) and all i remember thinking was wow that bodywork is mint (car) and them brakes seem a bit big and "bet they aint cheap". Then all hell was unleashed on the motorway convoy and since that day i knew i had to get a single turbo :D, plus thats when i knew who Jamie was and what a nutta he is... and he was only running 600bhp i think! and had lime green engine bay items and lime green Dash2. "Im a fire starter"

2- Waynes (supradibbs)- Blue Doluck

Seen it a few times growing up and i remember just being gobsmacked at how clean and bling'd up the engine was. I had a honda crx at the time and that evening from santapod show i bought my na supra on ebay. When building mine i always try and match the effort under the bonnet to this car! and even though its not fully wire tucked ect ect its still number 1. This is how a car should be built!!

3- Lee Perrymans- Big HKS 2835 twin turbo.

I rushed all week fitting up my car after its repaint from black to lamboughini orange. this was to get to my first supra meet and this meet was the 'ace cafe meet' 5 years ago. I went with my Dad and we was looking at the cars, my dad spotted Lee's and just laughed to himself!! " you think that single turbo is mad, this ££$%er had 2 turbo's" :D, thats what he said to me. Serious machine but something very special about it, even with the old skool veilside kit! its a legend. Seem to have turned my car into it!

Anyway there my memorys and inspiration of my top 3. Newer members will look at hodge and Ibrar but i went back to when i was first building mine 5-6years ago. Be interested to see who even older members vote for!!

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

1.) Inferno

The shear work that has gone into this build is amazing, its like the car has just came off the production line with top of the range parts. Its what people dream of doing.

2.) Mitchell9006

Built thread is awesome, haven't seen the car in the flesh but hopefully I will do one day. Gold plated items in the engine bay is just :drool: and the new build with 2 high powered twin turbo's with Gold plated covers will look awesome.

3.) JamieP

Amazing machine, think this will be most people's Top 3, the videos on YouTube say it all really.

Very good choices mate

For me it has to be

1. The Do-Luck supra, it's a legend and frankly the perfect supra in my eyes, very jdm, very cool.

2. The black beast, the reason I bought a second supra, this time in black, a complete weapon and immaculate. RIP (for now).

3. Ibrars custom aero single 6 speed, pure awesome.

Thanks for the kind words Rob:)

1. SW's Supra, fastest ever standing mile Supra, the only 6 speed Supra to get in the 7's, stunning looking car.

2. Bryce grossmans red supra, the one that hit 800 odd rwhp back in the late 90's, that was the car that first got me looking at Supras.

3. Jun Supra, watching that video of the big drift on track all them years back made think nothing but Supras day and night.

1. Inferno - simply for the level of detail that has gone into it and it's unique big twin sequential setup

2. Jamie P - for the pure 'mentalness' while keeping a stock look (his first redline feature was what got me looking at Supra's but never made the link until joining the forum)

3. Steve M - Exactly the look I aiming for with mine combined with a streetable amount of power

Cheers for the mention Neil :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Too hard to choose really as after doing a similar thread I realised just how many there were, Jp's, Ibrar's, A98pmalcoms,Supradibbs,Inferno's, Bosscos, Mplaverys,Rob mitchells,Littlers,Do luck,Envy ect the list is just endless.

For me rather than a top three I could easily make a top 30 without trying too hard.

Its just personal to yourself, i can list 20 easy but only a handful of cars made me turn to the supra or made me choose how to style my own car.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just personal to yourself, i can list 20 easy but only a handful of cars made me turn to the supra or made me choose how to style my own car.

My god my personal favourite list is huge, but as you said 3 most influential supra's here goes- and as you said supra's one isnt on this forum, or at least the original isn't.

1- Yours- Gold Rush Supra

I remember seeing this back in the day when it was NA, and I had only owned my little stock NA for a few months, I was admiring it in the car park of suprapond a few years back. Your car is what drove me to play around under the bonnet of my own car, and has helped me keep the love for a long time. And is one of my personal favourite build's still to this day.

2- The Original Fast and Furious Supra

Although ever since the PS1 and using the Castrol supra on Grand turismo I knew I wanted one some day, the Original, Orange Fast and furious supra kept the car firmly at the front of my mind as the car I would eventually own no matter what anyone else said.

3- JP's Black Beast- back when it had the diffuser fitted.

This was the car that helped me look away from body kits and more towards the US style clean look, with the RMM and diffuser. The look im still working on to this day.

I'm going from when I first had my Supra 6 years ago

1). GAMERS ... This car to me was just mouth watering ... I LOVED this car and this was the first car I saw a DO-LUCK bumper on... gamers original Do-Luck bumper ended up on mine when mine was silver until I caught the bottom of it and had to buy a new one.

It was heart breaking to see him have a accident and wrote the car off in the end.. Almost came back to life but never happened ...

2). JamieP old red Supra.... The first time I saw this and first time I met Jamie is when a few of us met up to go to turbo fit BBQ.... Then I watched him drift round a big round about on to the motorway LOL frekin awesome

3). TRIAL Supra.... I saw this car for the first time at the same BBQ meet and I'm happy to say I have been a passenger in it to.... I still miss seeing this Supra. ....

Of course there are many new Supra which I love but its the above Supra's that inspired me to build mine at the time

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

1. Inferno's - A different level from most builds!

2. Ken Henderson's 'Blackie' - Nearly as good looking as the do-luck, and 3.4 big twinned power!

3. Rob W's - Been unsure with which direction to style mine and ran into Rob's car lately, A gorgeous stock looking car that really inspires me to get mine back on the road!

For me, in no particular order:

Hodge - Jamie - Ibrar

The main reason for choosing these three guys is not for the shape or style of their cars but because of what they’ve given the Supra community in terms of striving for technological developments for Supra performance.

There is no one else on this forum that has done so much for the Supra in recent months. Some people have come very close indeed but these guys have definitely gained the title of market leaders.

1) Jamesy's - Do Luck Supra - You just cant beat the original, it copys noone and just holds its own

2) Mplavery's - Yellow Supra - A combination of standout paintwork and fantastic engine bay presentation inspired me to do ALOT of work to my own car

3) Jamesy's - Silver Single Supra - Looked fantastic and stood out with its rarer sideskirts ( Maybe why i bought them when it got broke )