The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power Products

Noz

From starting a thread giving people's opinions on recent and future products from knight racer I thought I'd do the same for XS parts, as I'm constantly (like many other NA-T owners) being asked about the results from the parts that I buy and currently own.

I don't mind, but I'm sure other opinions and experiences would be good to count for as well.

As we all know this company is a lower end market company supplying products to people who can't afford top end items and try their luck with lower range products.

Good and bad reviews are welcome, as long as its history of products and within sensible amount of time. No one cares about the XS downpipe that's got slight corrosion on it from 8 years of use because you didn't run an undertray, but obviously the products life performance and customer service with any issues should be included.

I've brought a few components from them, and am about to purchase a couple pairs of their 3" vband to 4" downpipe/midpipe kits. I'll give some opinions when these come.

I currently run an XS manifold, downpipe and T61 turbo.

- The manifold was second hand, obviously well used. Since owning it I've had no crack issues. Flexible piping in your exhaust can help, but sometimes poor welding can cause variation in heat distribution and in-directly cause cracking, so don't think a bit of flexi in your exhaust and your safe from a low quality manifold cracking! My budget end manifold has done me well, and I've yet to hear any other na-t's have issues BUT I can't count for their alignment positions on the head.

- My downpipe, done the job. It wasn't the highest quality stainless, ad I wasn't overly impressed with the welding on the O2 sensor flanges. But, it does the job just fine. It's not a show car nor will it be top end value so for the price I can't grumble.

- The turbo has stood me good time. I have compressor surge though the dump valve is installed (tried changing settings and valve, made no difference). Though it sounds nice I'm sure it gives the turbo some beatings. With 7k on it's clock, there's no loss in power, spool or shaft play. If you buy a turbo `kit` replace the lines. I can't be sure mine came from the XS kit as I bought it from someone else and it wasn't obvious the manufacture, but with larger lines my turbo has done me well. The shipping time from the US was very fast. It took around a week from payment. May of been less I can't remember exactly, but it was quicker than some clothes I ordered in the UK at the same time.

Working together, all these items fit perfectly and lined up straight on my exhaust. The whifbitz system married up nicely. No modifications, no changes. Maybe I got lucky. I would of prefered it if my dizzy wasn't in the way, I've seen some manifolds position the turbo to clear the dizzy with a 4" intake. I wasn't so lucky. But a 3-4" reducer won't case a huge change at low psi so it's something most NA-T owners can live with.

Please only post items you have owned or know of a situation exactly that has happened. Opinions on the company from old issues are valid but this is for reviewing items being currently distributed to help other owners get a realistic view of the current market on these products.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

Sevice from mark at Xs-power is fantastic! My Xs-power kit tuned up with in a few days and it came from the states!

Manifold: the bolt holes didn't quite line up so I needed to mill them out with a slightly bigger drill bit and all was good!

Down pipe: this hit number 6 running but I'm not sure witch is to blame! The manifold or the down pipe. After a slight modification all was good.

Wastegate: it stuck open on me after a few months of use then stuck closed on me after a few days of fixing it, so I bought a top end wastegate and all was fine. ( I'm the only customer I know that has had this problem with there wastegates)

Turbo : all good.

Intercooler: all good.

Intercooler pipe work : needed modifying to fit my set up but nothing that average joe couldn't do! Aslong as you own a hack saw your good to go!

In all a fantastic kit for its value!

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Intercooler piping always need's modification to fit, no current NA kits on the market. Would be great to get some made up though. Problem is, 3" is a big piping for the T61 as your need a 90° 2.5-3" reducer from the turbo. A right pain fitting that!

I was tempted to buy the XS FFIM but wasn't keen on the fact it didn't come with OEM throttle body fitment on the flange.

I'm probably just being lazy here, but a plug and play setup for this would be great.

Intercooler piping always need's modification to fit, no current NA kits on the market. Would be great to get some made up though. Problem is, 3" is a big piping for the T61 as your need a 90° 2.5-3" reducer from the turbo. A right pain fitting that!

I was tempted to buy the XS FFIM but wasn't keen on the fact it didn't come with OEM throttle body fitment on the flange.

I'm probably just being lazy here, but a plug and play setup for this would be great.

Yeah when I spoke to mark he said he didn't think the oem throttle body would fit, as he said its too big and would most likely hit the fan shroud.

Yeah when I spoke to mark he said he didn't think the oem throttle body would fit, as he said its too big and would most likely hit the fan shroud.