The mkiv Supra Owners Club

"Our" New car in NZ

FaithStalker

http://www.kilburncars.co.nz/vehicle_details.asp?stock=21678

Well, as much as I would have wanted to get a Surpa in New Zealand, I couldnt justify it, so I got this baby instead,

quite rare, has the 2.5 (non turbo) skyline engine in it, 4wd, got it for 2.5K less the asking price with a 3 year warranty.

mint inside and out , huge boot for the bikes and tent, roor rails for the surf boards.....tinted rear windows

aparantly any engine mod that you can get for the skyline fit this, and most of the tranny and suspension and brakes are the same too ;) ;) ;)

now , decat + Zaust, air induction......

time to search the net for some accessories and performance stats .........

Well if anyone can find a nice Jap 4wd estate over here in NZ i'd take my hat off to em,

Subaru Legacy - dark TAN dash - grubby as hell, no one touches the Turbo version as they die from benig thrashed with such a heavy car, 10 a penny as well,

Legnum 2.5v6 - nice exterior and interior, bad reliability, rare to get a nice 4wd but i really really like them

Toyota 4wd estates = flat cap and pipe territory

as for turbo version :

2.5T :)

2.5TT :D

mega power !!!

see here (last 2 models)

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/nissan/stagea/1997_1/

and here for where mine will eventually end up when i have the cash

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/japan/stageautech1.jpg

oh and just to be TOTALLY CLEAR - this is actually the wife's car for work ;)

I know this may be a stupid question, but we are planning to move to NZ at some point and were really hoping to take the cars with us (my Supe and my g/f FTO).

Does anyone know if that is possible? i.e. de-register it here in UK, and re-register it over there with a NZ plate?

Originally posted by paulfurn

I know this may be a stupid question, but we are planning to move to NZ at some point and were really hoping to take the cars with us (my Supe and my g/f FTO).

Does anyone know if that is possible? i.e. de-register it here in UK, and re-register it over there with a NZ plate?

I think it is yes, but prob not cheap........

TRD3000GT picture : MMMMMMMMAMA!!! thats given me something to aim for :)

paulfurn : Every import into NZ has to go through a conformity check, whereby the car is checked against the original manufactures specs (if the NZ authorities have them) and also a crash data check for that model - again if the NZ authorities have one.

If they dont have them , then it cannot be imported,

window tints are only allowed if they were factory fitted or 35% or less and no tints are allowed on the windscreen and i think side front windows.

i found getting information on importing a car really sketchy, some supra owners here saying that the NZ Authorities recognise the 94 onwards but not the 93,

i would try and contact a decent car shipping company and ask them, as they would be able to tell you better.

OH and your car would have to be IMMACULATLEY CLEAN as no dirt or anything is allowed through into NZ.

Check out some NZ car sites like http://www.autopoint.co.nz and see what price your cars are here, may be cheaper to sell then buy here

good luck