The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Knight Racer Products

Noz

I'd like to start a thread relating to knight racer products, and customers feedback for the products they have received for the past few months and from now.

I know people have in the past had issues, but if future supra owners can trust new moulds or changes we should help direct them to problem suppliers.

I think with any company that has tried to resolve issues, should have a log of their progress, good or bad to help future or current Supra owners make their mind up. And this isn't a place to slate over past problem issues but the current state of products whatever they are like.

A lot speculation on companies goes on a bad history, I think considering the increase in people using their products and recommending them we should get opinions on recent and new items.

I've got a trial rear and the fitment is good.

I've bought from them in october:

Blitz skirts: OK fitment but needed some fine tuning over the door step as it was a bit thick and the vent section was a bit off.

TRD Half carbon spoiler: Straight fit no problems

Trail Rear: (this was made upon order from the new mold as they were out of stock) Worse fitting panel I've even seen (and I sell classic car panels) Bolt holes don't line up, edges are all over the place thickness wise, random lumps of gel coat that needed sanding down, lines for the back lights don't match up with the car and was damaged in transit or I hope it was. Workable but shouldn't need this much work...

There's loads of existing threads with feedback on Knightracer, both good and bad. They seem to have a good rep on the GTROC, and they're a picky bunch of feckers! :D

But I think it's prudent to remember bad history. People and companies can change, but not taking the way they deal with problems into account is foolish.

True. But if everyone's opinion of them is from 5 years ago it's out of date. They also do a lot of carbon bits now and tbh I have not seen any bad things about that.

In general many peoples expectations for fitment on fibreglass parts are too high.

If they needed to make a part up as complex and large as a trial rear and were trying to get it to you quickly. Then it's very easy to remove it from the mould too quick before its fully cured and it will warp.

In general many peoples expectations for fitment on fibreglass parts are too high.

If they needed to make a part up as complex and large as a trial rear and were trying to get it to you quickly. Then it's very easy to remove it from the mould too quick before its fully cured and it will warp.

Absolutely agree, however Knightracer 'guarantee' fitment: http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

TBH, they should really look into producing their kits in PU-rim, it's not that much more expensive and is far better quality.

What I'd be interested to see is recent complaints, and how they're dealt with. This is where Knightracer have failed in the past, hopefully they've changed their tune. The products they produce are complicated and fairly fragile (body kits in general, not just Knightracer) and people will tolerate problems - IF they're dealt with in a professional manner. They way they treated that chap with the red R34 was disgusting.

Yes that's true. And some of the stuff iv seen on here isnt much better. Iv had ok experiences unless i get picky.

My first supra went to them for a full bodykit. And when it wasn't quite ready on the day I traveled down, albert paid my train ticket and give me the soarer they had at the time as a loan car. Without me asking. Infact he insisted. Then when it was finished he delivered the car to my work in Northampton.

In that case the paintwork and bodykit were great. I originally supplied my own parts. But the trial bumper I had delivered was bashed about in delivery and was cheaper to get a new one. And the front bumper I gave them was very thin fibreglass so I replaced it.

I also had a hid kit some years late. That was doa. They replaced it without worry and iirc even dropped it to a garage in silverstone where the car was having them put in.

But as we are discussing. That was years and years ago. Before other people had issues

We should have a section where we can put feedback for every garage / tuner we deal with both positive and negative to help future owners decide whom to trust with their work and more importantly give their hard earned cash too

ho ho, funnily enough the traders dont like that and just like a recent trader they threaten legal action against us unless we can stand by the post that was made. I have a fairly small list of people on the forum who I would trust to stand next to me in a court of law when being sued for libel as there will always be 3 sides to every story.

I'm not overly comfortable about the two threads that have been started about Knight Racer and XS Power. The haters will appear as if by magic, they will slag down the products even if asked to focus on the last 3 months and I will end up removing the thread. I can see it all now...

So lets see where this one ends up.

Thing is though Branners, thats the default setting for any trader, litigation. Just like those-who-shall-or-be-named from High Wycombe. Everyone knows they were/are dodgy but you cant say anything about it.

If you dont like the bad reviews then do something about the quality of service/part you offer.

ho ho, funnily enough the traders dont like that and just like a recent trader they threaten legal action against us unless we can stand by the post that was made. I have a fairly small list of people on the forum who I would trust to stand next to me in a court of law when being sued for libel as there will always be 3 sides to every story.

I'm not overly comfortable about the two threads that have been started about Knight Racer and XS Power. The haters will appear as if by magic, they will slag down the products even if asked to focus on the last 3 months and I will end up removing the thread. I can see it all now...

So lets see where this one ends up.

I think you've got a point Branners. I was purely trying to give some outlook on the products for consumer feedback, if it gets into a situation where so many people slate them I understand the forum would be liable for causing them problems therefore thread removed.

I think if this turns into a slander thread, people should be aware the affects on the forum i they just start slating a company, this should be considered for this thread, others and any in the future.

Anyone having problems should state the exact problem they have come across, and not just their opinion or other stories they just read. People seem to be taking that seriously so far, as long as this doesn't turn into a witch hunt :)

As said previously, most people think they can buy fibreglass bodykits and all parts should fit straight on... Its just not the case, ALL fibreglass parts will need at least a little bit of work on them. My TRD half carbon was from knightracer and it was perfect, even threw in some carbon end caps for free... Also used them for other bits (unrelated to bodykits) and delivery etc has been great.

With my Ridox kit, all panels needed some work to get the fit as good as possible, the front wings were genuine Varis and the fit needed work. Side skirts from whifbitz needed to be blended on to get ot to fit aswell, but I understood this is what you need to do when you buy a bodykit.