The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Mount Intercooler

Branners

My SMIC is absolutely shot, it is also pushing my Stillen front out of shape so I need to change to a FMIC.

I will only ever be on stock turbos, the car will never go single. And I wont be running more than 1.2bar boost.

What FMIC would people recommend? I know Whifbitz do a FMIC kit, anybody got any experience with it?

I see lots of second hand FMICs out there, but I dont want the faff of finding all the pipework too. So I'm thinking a full kit might be best.

But I dont want to spend more than around £400 on it.

So, what do people recommend?

Is the SRD one custom built for them or is it from another supplier? I have not heard much feedback about the quality on them, do many people have one fitted?

Not sure. I have fitted a couple at work and also have one on my own car! the quality is brilliant and installation is nice and easy, unlike the chinese ebay rubbish.

eBay intercoolers do the job, but the flow design of them probably isn't up to snuff compared with premium designs.

I read a report against the poor flow dynamics of cheaper coolers once, the design effort really can improve flow.

I'd go with an SRD one.

SRD for the win.

Branners I will be upgrading shortly to a 4 row SRD FMIC and therefore my Greddy 2-row FMIC which is in excellent condition with all pipe work will be available around April time. Not sure if you can wait that long if you use the car but offer is there. Won't ask for much, say £150?

SRD for the win.

Branners I will be upgrading shortly to a 4 row SRD FMIC and therefore my Greddy 2-row FMIC which is in excellent condition with all pipe work will be available around April time. Not sure if you can wait that long if you use the car but offer is there. Won't ask for much, say £150?

If Branners doesn't take this I 100% will. Let me know when its off the car :)

The SRD kit is brilliant I have the 4" version on mine and the quality is excellent, very happy with it!

And I couldn't half tell the extra power at the same level of boost after it was fitted lol. The 3" version will be perfect for you John and also Lee can mod it so you can keep the stock airbox :)

The SRD kit is brilliant I have the 4" version on mine and the quality is excellent, very happy with it!

And I couldn't half tell the extra power at the same level of boost after it was fitted lol. The 3" version will be perfect for you John and also Lee can mod it so you can keep the stock airbox :)

It is funny you say that - I have mine fitted to Greddy 2 row pipework (had one of them previously) and I also have a stock airbox :) It is a squeeze, but it works! :)

Sheefa has kindly offered me their GReddy fmic with all pipe work for a great price when it comes off the car in March. So for the moment I'm going with that option.

If that changes I will be back in touch with SRD and Whitbitz to see what's the best option at that point.

thanks for all the advice.

• 2 months later...