The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you have 4 point harness in your Supra?

mixad

Do you have 4 point harness in your Supra?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have 4 point harness in your Supra?

This is a picture of one of the harnesses I currently have for sale.

attachment.php?attachmentid=161581&d=1354747900

They look awesome and hold you in brilliantly, and certainly give you the race car look and feel.

They take a little longer to put on then a normal belt, but they aren't that bad really.

The main draw back I found was reaching forward for things as you simply cannot do that to any real effect, certainly without unclipping the belts that is and to be honest as long as you plan what your doing you should be fine.

Depends on what your actually after I guess.

I simply bought them as my aftermarket seats I purchased at the time didn't come with any seat belt clips attached to the rails, and it was the quickest way to remedy that at the time.

My old car is now sold, along with the very nice seats I once had too.

Just for good measure here is the other one I also have for sale when fitted: -

attachment.php?attachmentid=161582&d=1354748268

P6200001.jpg

P8080011.jpg

Edited by Pudsey (see edit history)

I have 5 point harnesses

Initially the rear was installed like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354751680.782711.jpg

But now the cage is in like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354751716.513394.jpg

The 5th point is to a new eye bolt under the seat.

Yes they can be a pain and many will say not to have them without a cage, but it always puts a smile on my face when I put them on.

They can be a pain when reaching forward but have the shoulder straps set so you can loosen them off with one hand by lifting the locking mechanism with one hand and then leaning forward with the relevant shoulder.

Sparco 4 point harnesses for me, shoulder belts attached to the rear cross bar of the roll cage (you can just see it in the left of the pic) and lap belts attached to the original seat belt mounting holes on the floor with a couple of 7/16" UNF eyebolts. The holes are imperial tread from the factory, it must be an industry agreed seatbelt standard.

attachment.php?attachmentid=161598&d=1354786933

DSCF0012(1).JPG

I had 4 points in my mini and loved them. I never found them a chore to put on and eventually got to the point of being able to fasten them with one hand.

Supra will have them when it's rebuilt. I've always felt more secure in them and they are great for when you have to 'help' a lady into them ;)

Only down point I found was when you jump in in a hurry and get the buckle up your arse :eek:

5 point in mine, feel very safe when i'm strapped in tight to bucket seat with roll bar(plus padding) and door bars, feel even safer when ive got an helmet on :-)

Not so good when just jumping in and going a short distance though, i've got removable door bars so they come out when im not racing so that makes getting in and out easier.

I did have the normal seat belt in as well when i first had the harnesses fitted but it all got a bit to much so they were removed.

The harness is bolted down using floor ankage plates with eye hooks and wrap around they rear roll bar