The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mixing Tyre makes?

Elliot

Hola

At the moment I have Falken tyres all round. The 2 rear tyres are almost bald so need to replace them ASAP.

Is it advisable to put some Eagle F1s, or Bridgestone SO3s on the rear with Falken fronts, or should I stick to Falken all round?

Basicly, is it OK to mix and match them?

Also, does anyone in HAMPSHIRE have any recommendations for tyre fitting / laser allignment?

At the moment, I have the number for Micheldever in Winchester are they any good, or is there somewhere cheaper or better in the area?

BTW - I'm looking for 275/35/zr18

Thanks for helping

Micheldever are fine!

You can mix front to rear, but not on the same axle.

Putting F1's on the rear will mean the rears will probably grip a bit better than the fronts, so perhaps a little understeer. If they are Falken F451, then they aren't too bad so it shouldn't be that noticable..........

Falken 451's are a fine tyre, I had those up front and F1's at the back and were fine.

However I recently had a rear puncture and had a cheapo "Kleber" tyre fitted on one side at the rear. Terrible. It's supprising how much of a difference it makes, car does not feel stable at high speeds (not that I've done that high a speed as I don't trust the crappy tyre), and the car wanders a lot more. Needless to say I'm getting both rears replaced with new F1's.

When I phoned them they recommended the same make all round, as I was going to get F1's or SO3's on the back.

What a load of bollocks!

No need to have the same tyres all round, the levels of grip from the front to rear are going to vary anyhow because of the balance of the car and in your case the rear tyres are wider than the front.:)

No matter which tyre you buy there is always going to be a better option for more money - over the past 5 years I've used F1's, S03's, P9000's, ZE502's, FK451's and others - the Falkens aren't bad at all, especially considering the price - my car grips well in the dry and breaks traction in the wet, that's a power issue :)