The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Induction kit fitment

scott87

I was just wondering if someone can tell me whether the universal filters will be suitable for the Supra. They say they are and i imagine that they are all the same filter just with different price tags. And which is better HKS or Apexi

Here are the links.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apexi-Universal-Power-Intake-Air-Filter-includes-FREE-Universal-Fitting-brackets-/281028781641?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item416e9ee649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-HKS-Induction-Kit-Air-Filter-Skyline-200SX-Supra-Ceilica-EVO-Lancer-/170941623224?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ccea2bb8

Plus they both look like fakes to me. Not one of those adverts look like a supplier of genuine HKS or Apexi products. If you do a bit of research you will learn that a lot of HKS products, especially those sold on "the bay" are counterfeit. So watch what you are doing if you insist on not using the excellent standard airbox.

ok that is definitely a lot of stock filter replies. I was in an n/a over the weekend and i'm certain that the car felt better with an induction kit, you can physically hear it sucking when revving. Surely this pulls in more air than stock and when moving will the air not be cold over the filter, especially with cold air feeds?

ok that is definitely a lot of stock filter replies. I was in an n/a over the weekend and i'm certain that the car felt better with an induction kit, you can physically hear it sucking when revving. Surely this pulls in more air than stock and when moving will the air not be cold over the filter, especially with cold air feeds?

Stock box is pushing enough air for an engine to run properly. Keep it as it is, if you really want to change something, look for some decent panel filter. Cone filter (Apexi being only reasonable one) would need a lot of heat shielding to be as effective as stock box one.

The stock filter is fine on the NA, you've not tuned the engine to require more air

than it can supply so no need for anything else. It can deal with a TT at 1.2 bar ;)

Advice taken. The hunt for one has ended. Can you point me in the direction of a good panel filter?

I may spend my pennies on that 1st decat that is up for sale then....

So the aftermarket ones are just washable apposed to more breathable ?

No just the K&N is washable to my knowledge, well that is upto the job

I am not sure if the TRD one is, I know it is expensive so maybe, someone that has a TRD Filter will be able to answer that one