The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member with a 200sx s14a

Guest 200sxray

Guest 200sxray

Hi all

Well i have been advised to join this forum by a current member, he said it was one of the best forums he had been on for general car related and supra related disccusion.

i am a member of SXOC, Jap North East and a few other forums but they have seemed to have gotten quieter over the years. I currently drive a 1998 200sx S14a

running stage 1a mods (285bhp) i will try and pop some pictures up in the project / general motoring section.

i also do a little Arch rolling on the side around the North East of England and thats how i came to meet the guy on this forum, feel free to get in touch with me if you need any work doing.

one other thing i will be looking out for is a set or even just one Recaro Speed / SR seat to go in my 200sx and since they were an option on the Supra i am hoping to find a good clean one :).

this is what she looked like when i first bought her back at the end of September, i have changed alot so need to get some pictures and a project thread going :)

Guest 200sxray

tell me about it, haha hows it going?

hows the Supra? The 200 has had a slightly leaky injector and the internal wastegate needed porting but she is running full managment for stage 1a now along with tien coilovers and DB 345mm brakes ( will make a project thread soon)

cheers for the welcome :) i do know my fair share regarding Supras as i love them sooooo much! i see the S14a as a step towards Supra ownership :)

That turbo is a rather strange one tbh, my mate had it prior to me and he was making close to 350bhp on it, on removal he noticed an Apexi plate or apex! So I don't know if its a reworked turbo at all, his car was mental when that was on, he went to a gt3071r after that and still admits he should've kept that!

Glad you got coil overs for the old girl, she needed dropping a tad more at the front at least!

Supra's doing just fine thanks, she's changed a lot visually since I got her, she's currently off road now whilst I build up an engine for her! It seems like this time of year I always have to be building something, last year it was your engine :D

Guest 200sxray

haha i know and i am glad for the engine rebuild, oh realy so the Turbo isnt a standard one? it smoked a little when i was at cadwell park but that was all out flat out, the next step next year could be 555cc injectors, stage 2a and that should cover me up to 310bhp but apart from that i am so happy with how clean she is ect just want to keep her that way :)

i have just glanced at your Supra Build and it looks AWESOME love the kit i was going to get a yellow supra N/A manual but the guy was involved in a crash :( just before i bought your s14a :)

We thought it was an S15 dbb but we can't be sure, without taking it off to be inspected its hard to tell, you can see the metal plate on the turbo near the oil/water inlets for the turbo :)

Thanks for the comments on the supra dude, it was an NA but once it's back on the road it shall be a lovely 600bhp, hopefully! :D

I loved the way the 200 looked and how clean it was, but nothing got past the noise of that turbo running pidgeon :D

Guest 200sxray

well i best get my finger out and make a project thread ( will prob be tomorrow) as now i need to sleep haha and thats awesome news about the turbo.