The mkiv Supra Owners Club

VIDEO - 30 -140mph in the wet with syvecs traction control...

Kaan W

Related to this thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?281409-Getting-traction-driving-me-mad!-(Video-added)

Just thought I would share my traction control kicking in with a video, its so annoying! Does anyone elses syvecs traction control do the same. I did have to let off a couple of times when the car was about to kill me but you can definately hear the revs cutting. Is this normal?

Btw this is on private land ;)

[video=youtube;eQVPZ4c1I-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVPZ4c1I-M&feature=youtu.be

if its wet your not going to be able to put 600 ish HP into the road with a non LSD diff and extreamly wide tyres. The TC does sound like its working overtime.

Id sugest getting the geo checked at least as with such wide tyres on if its not been adjusted it will be well out. Is the car lowered at all?

thats how i thought it worked. when it senses slip it cuts the spark? or something like that

I thought it just eased power to the roads requirements giving a smooth acceleration without throwing me about everywhere. I know the roads are wet but is there anything to stop all that and just spread the power nicely over the wet road?

if its wet your not going to be able to put 600 ish HP into the road with a non LSD diff and extreamly wide tyres. The TC does sound like its working overtime.

Id sugest getting the geo checked at least as with such wide tyres on if its not been adjusted it will be well out. Is the car lowered at all?

I havent lowered it but with the aftermarket coilovers who knows :conf:

Can most garages set up geometry or is there alot involved?

Get the traction control ripped out! that would drive me mad.

- - - Updated - - -

WIM best place to get it done.

I can just turn it off all together but thought for some miracle it would make me faster in the wet. I think i'll just use a controlled foot with it completely off.

Also wheres WIM? Local to us I hope...

Surely the fact that you can drive at 140 in the wet means it's working well!? Ok, so TC might kick in a bit but as long as you're not sliding around all over the place and it gives you that level of confidence I'd be happy. For me, TC is on of the main benefits of getting the syvecs fitted :)

I don't see nothing out of the norm. As stated cold and wet roads, it's going to happen. My racelogic cuts in through first and second in these conditions and I'm only BPU. That's with 295 michelin ps2's on the rear.

Ok well at least im not the only one, maybe ive been watching too many GTR videos...

Defiently shifts though! :D See what the weather is like on Friday at Bluewater at take me for a spin and see what its like!

Yeah definatley, your gunno be driving the nutter! :)

Dont turn the TC off as it will end in a bush or worse! Anywhere with a hunter or full laser system not the cheap rubbish you find at most garages.

WIM are very good

Maybe leave it off with a low boost setting, dunno I need some more testing and timing runs with and without, wet and dry, cold and hot.

Surely the fact that you can drive at 140 in the wet means it's working well!? Ok, so TC might kick in a bit but as long as you're not sliding around all over the place and it gives you that level of confidence I'd be happy. For me, TC is on of the main benefits of getting the syvecs fitted :)

Syvecs is good im not knocking that I just wanted to make sure it was working properly as im not familiar with it. It still slides so I cant see the difference tbh.

Edited by AndrewOW
Removal of swearing. (see edit history)

Not wise letting me drive it will 100% end wrong! Mind you I wouldnt mind having a go :D

Haha that was a bad joke actually, there getting worse!

Remember, the wider the tyres, the worse they are in adverse weather conditions.

Try some pram wheels instead. ;)

Yeah thats probably it, will look into pram wheels...

What on his provisional?

I thought a provisional and cycling proficiency counts as a full licence? :confused:

I think you will find that is saving your life fella.

With 600bhp and without a proper wheel setup it is going to be tricky to put the power down, let alone in the wet.

I'd recommend you take it to Tony at Wheels In Motion and let him have a look, he setup my previous Supra and the chap knows a thing or two ;)

I think you will find that is saving your life fella.

With 600bhp and without a proper wheel setup it is going to be tricky to put the power down, let alone in the wet.

I'd recommend you take it to Tony at Wheels In Motion and let him have a look, he setup my previous Supra and the chap knows a thing or two ;)

Thanks mate i'll look into getting it up there, what do they actually do and does it make a BIG difference? All ive changed is the wheels since the last geo setup.