The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power limits for 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE

skyline1

What is the maximum power that can be squeezed out of a stock internal engine, stock as in headgasket, all internals, cams , the lot ?

want to know how far the engines can be pushed before requring internal work for more BHP. safe limits are what im interested in and what Bhp some of you guys are pushing your cars .

please state what engine you have .

Are saying that up to 750 bhp you can reliably run on a stock block? Upwards its recommended to build the engine?

Thats right, the weak point after that is the rod bolts, the rest can take more.

If you want more power and rpm though its best to fully balance the engine and fit ARP rod bolts and ACL bearings.

If your going for big power 1000hp then Rods, pistons, Billet mains and arp main studs as well. If your drag racing and hard launches then Billet mains are best at 800bhp+

Makes a RB look pants don't it mate . Mine was on its limit at about 450bhp , that was a RB25 though, not sure what the limit is on the RB26 .

450bhp is still not to be sniffed at! :) But 2JZ one of the best engines created! :love:

- - - Updated - - -

So if I go to about 550bhp on a stock internal 2JZ-GTE It's literally cruising .

My dads is at 550bhp now and it handles the power no problem! We are even stock auto box and thats fine but 100% at its limit unless you add a couple of oil coolers

I recommend around 700-750bhp on a good stock 2JZ-GTE engine. Several people I know have blown one up with around 850bhp. These figures are dyno dynamics bhp derived figures and it really depends on whether you race it or just street drive it.

Very impressive figures there though either way, so not really worth buying another car in the future lol.

It's probably not quite as much due to the smaller capacity but it's definitely in the same neighbourhood as the 2JZ.

600bhp would be my conservative guess, but at a similar rev to the 2JZ's limit.

Still a good power output there.

Think he put acl race bearings and arp rod bolts in mate. I'm sure I've heard rumours of american's cracking 1000hp on a stock block, can't imagine it lasting long though!

I have heard rumours of Americans following a strict diet. Salt ------ Pinch

And their Dynojet horses are a bit smaller then the Dyno Dynamics horses as well. :)