The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The heater matrix has seen better days!

slugger1

Well after spending a fair amount of time flushing crap out of the matrix and getting the heater working again it decided to finally give up the ghost :taped: After a long drive back from Cornwall the windscreen started steaming up and there was a strong smell of coolant inside the car. I then had to pull over to the side of the road as I could literally see nothing out of the windscreeen. After feeling the footwells I knew straight away that the matrix had died!

Booked it in to a local garage to get it sorted so probably looking at mega dosh! Anyone have any idea how many hours labour we are talking about?

If you want to be a little patient you could get it done in a day yourself. Just label the bits as you go!

I just followed the guide on here and everything went pretty well!

I think that for a garage, they'd be taking the mick quoting anything over say 8 hours maybe. I think for actual time doing that job, it took us about that long and that was being quite apprehensive and very methodical rather than just getting it done! :)

Its not that bad a job to do but can look a bit daunting, there is a how

to in here somewhere, just follow that and you'll be fine if you have some

mechanical skills and a few required tools

I certainly wouldn't be paying anyone £500 to do it let alone £1000 !!

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?127044-How-to-Swap-your-heater-matrix&highlight=heater+matrix+guide

Follow the above and you'll be fine :)

As I said, I managed it fine. It just takes a little time and a number of bolts. Though write down how many are at each location. It'll save rattles later on!

Cheers I'll have a look and probably decide to get someone else to do it :eyebrows:

3 hours for the whole job here. ;)

I followed jezz's guide and I took it to bits in 2 hours, left it till the next day came back and it took 2 hours to put back together!

I labeled everything up and used "dog poo bags" and didn't have a bolt left in the end :D

The hardest part was the clips that go from the engine bulk head to the matrix outlet pipes :( This was the first time I have touched a heater matrix ever.