The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new toy, cleaned her up. :-)

Guest Dannyboys14a

Guest Dannyboys14a

Hey. Pretty new to Supra ownership and not planning on it if I am honest until I swapped this one for my biring BMW diesel. Lol

It's a n/a converted turbo making 384bhp (fly), from what I can see pretty stock apart from that.

Anyway hears some pics after a little cleaning sesh......

Now the plan is to iron out any issues and she has some suspension squeaks, knocks and moans. I had a nose underneath and there is no rust but a slight oil leak (maybe a sump gasket or something of that nature). She seems to be running hot oil temp wise, so will get an oil cooler on her ASAP.

The plan will be to get her running spot on, driving right and looking clean with nice subtle mods. No stripped out drifter I have a 200sx for that. Lol

Anyway let me know your thoughts. :-)

Now the plan is to iron out any issues and she has some suspension squeaks, knocks and moans.

Check the boot rubbers first. Common problem is the rubber goes hard then squeaks and rattles.

Another member went through new suspension and all sorts because he never asked!

Welcome to the club.

just over a year ago it had replacement rear upper arms , so it wont be them, its on bilsten suspesion so doubt its that, the front subframe was taken off to re-do a oil returne on the sump. the sum was refitted with new sealant so dont think that would be the leak, while it was off it has some new acl barings fiitted so the bottomend it fresh. as the subrames were off its worth checking the subframe bolts as they do like to loosen slightly. and dont get tugged on those dtm rear tyres that i see sare still on there ;)

Guest Dannyboys14a
danny id reccomend a better oil temp guage, the guages in that car are poo, i think they are wrong

Oh ok, I will look into that first then. Lol. But guess an oil cooler won't do any harm.

Check the boot rubbers first. Common problem is the rubber goes hard then squeaks and rattles.

Another member went through new suspension and all sorts because he never asked!

Welcome to the club.

The rubbers on the steering arm boots do you mean? Sorry if I am being dumb. Lol

looks nice bud :) any pics of the 14a?

Will find some. :-)

just over a year ago it had replacement rear upper arms , so it wont be them, its on bilsten suspesion so doubt its that, the front subframe was taken off to re-do a oil returne on the sump. the sum was refitted with new sealant so dont think that would be the leak, while it was off it has some new acl barings fiitted so the bottomend it fresh. as the subrames were off its worth checking the subframe bolts as they do like to loosen slightly. and dont get tugged on those dtm rear tyres that i see sare still on there ;)

Guessing this was a RocketDog special?

Guest Dannyboys14a

Oh ok will check that. :-) I have some more rear tyres, but can't find a small enough socket to get onto the stupidly small nuts in the stupidly small wheel recesses off! Lol

Guessing this was a RocketDog special?

its the white one that came to cerphilly mountain with us, the one with the most awsome soundtrack. alexs old car , what a sound this thing makes on boost, dont know how or why but it has an individual sound that is the mutts. i realy like this car

its the white one that came to cerphilly mountain with us, the one with the most awsome soundtrack. alexs old car , what a sound this thing makes on boost, dont know how or why but it has an individual sound that is the mutts. i realy like this car

I loved that sound! Most epic notes to come from a supra I have ever heard! Still wish mine sounded like that :(

Guest Dannyboys14a
id love a s-body just for skidding, just cant afford 3 cars :( aha. looks mega mate, im guessing you compete in the maxxis drift series then?

Yeah I compete in the Super Pro class, the car was the glowing fluorescent one last year! Lol