The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks like im going V8 in The Daywalker

dude

well sorry to say the jds looks dead in the water for a Pro car so it makes sense to go V8 and run in the 'proper' classes at 'proper' meetings, at the moment the intention is to fit a Big Block Chevy, prob 630 cu in+ (10ltr) and maybe run nitrous, car will be simpler and much more reliable but still run low 7's. As soon as I know for sure i'll sell the remaing parts for a 2J like virtual works intake with fogger system and VW ex manifold with new T6 turbo and harmonic balancer and head etc. Hope you guys still like it.

There just arent enough cars to run a pro series, John Bradshaw is going elsewhere so it would leave prob 3 or 4 cars funnily enough all supras, it would be quicker with a 2j than the BBC but much more maintenance and id need a mapper etc at each meeting, im not allowed to run multivalve heads in the class I want to run and TBH a 6 cyl turbo is no good in a bracket class which I will also run in. So for me its fit a 1200hp monster big block and run Super Modified and Comp Eliminator maintenance on the BBC is miniscule compared to running a 1500hp 2J

Sounds like poor reasons to me. Motorsport has become too picky IMO. fair enough the rules are there to keep it competitive but excuse my French holy merde! why can't regulations be based on dyno figures or car geometry figures to see the capability of the car. Turbo and such shouldn't mean anything IMO :( I'm by no means an expert and apologise for the rant but it eludes me! Good luck with your next engine though! :)

http://precisionraceengines.com/crate-engines/racing-engines/big-block-chevy-bbc/chevy-pro-series-race-turn-key-race-engine-632cid-1250-hp

Pretty impressive from a NA :) Ive always fancied doing something like this, one of these engines with a 5 point rear clip and some axle work and your laughing (and thats without nitrous).

Good project fella this build will be one of my dreams also so looking forward to this :thumbs:

http://precisionraceengines.com/crate-engines/racing-engines/big-block-chevy-bbc/chevy-pro-series-race-turn-key-race-engine-632cid-1250-hp

Pretty impressive from a NA :) Ive always fancied doing something like this, one of these engines with a 5 point rear clip and some axle work and your laughing (and thats without nitrous).

Good project fella this build will be one of my dreams also so looking forward to this :thumbs:

Thats expensive dude, Nelson Race Engines (one of the best builders) 633 carb to pan, twin 1050 Dominator carbs and the best crank and rods is $26,000 thats what we intend to go for altough I need to work out the weight of the car vs Cu in as Comp Eliminator is very complicated, I cant run turbo or supercharger in Super Mod and thats the class I want to run primerily as its heads up and no delay on the tree. Either way its still a steel body supra !!!!!

get it built john you got 14 weeks , testing as well

Mark I dont think I will be able to get in or out the car till the summer, but we can still build it and Ill test it as soon as I am fit enough................................and it will have a 2 step !!!!!

Mark I dont think I will be able to get in or out the car till the summer, but we can still build it and Ill test it as soon as I am fit enough................................and it will have a 2 step !!!!!

thats what I was thinking so you need me to do all the testing for you before you are fit to drive ,:D

Thats expensive dude, Nelson Race Engines (one of the best builders) 633 carb to pan, twin 1050 Dominator carbs and the best crank and rods is $26,000 thats what we intend to go for altough I need to work out the weight of the car vs Cu in as Comp Eliminator is very complicated, I cant run turbo or supercharger in Super Mod and thats the class I want to run primerily as its heads up and no delay on the tree. Either way its still a steel body supra !!!!!

I havent looked at the price of the nelson race engines but know there one of the best engines you can buy so assumed they were more expensive. $26000 is bloody good! Makes me feel like selling the supe just to have one in my living room ha.