The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nice pic of the car

Guest Rsand85

na hes quite big on his car detailing has a million different fancy cleaning weapons

Cosmic. Nice pic btw.

I am a man who went ballistic after my Audi had been washed by the dealership with a sponge after a service. I told them specifically NOT to clean my car.

H.

Guest Rsand85
Cosmic. Nice pic btw.

I am a man who went ballistic after my Audi had been washed by the dealership with a sponge after a service. I told them specifically NOT to clean my car.

H.

aye he gave me a telling one day for washing mine wrong!!my supra is booked for a respray in feb as the paintwork is getting a bit tired but he brought it up well.

Lambs wool mitt. Sponges hold too much grit and put swirl marks in your paint.

Ah thanks! :thumbs: my car is going in the body shop on Tuesday to get a few panels pained and a general clean up so once its out I will make sure to change my way of washing lol ;)

Ah thanks! :thumbs: my car is going in the body shop on Tuesday to get a few panels pained and a general clean up so once its out I will make sure to change my way of washing lol ;)

Go on detailing world website. Also using two buckets, one dirty, one clean is also a good method. I do blastin the bottom 6" of the car with a hose at the same time as I am washing away the heavy grit. For this I use a sponge but rinse it out every couple of feet along the car. I never get swirl marks when I do this. The rest of the car gets the mitt and the two bucket method.

H.

Guest Rsand85
I love the Type R, miss my old one, was such a hoot to drive!!

Supra is looking lovely too, well done on him for giving it a good clean :thumbs:

i had a type R for a while but theres a vast difference between the uk model that i had and the jdm version he has its like a different car to drive

Guest Rsand85
Think the JDM's came with LSD where as the UK's didn't. :)

yup and a different engine also.Think the suspension is different to but dont quote me on that

yup and a different engine also.Think the suspension is different to but dont quote me on that

Engine is still the same (K20A) though it is different mapping, different intake & exhaust manifold and, different gearing, suspension (more setup for track). I looked into it when I brought my facelift EP3 Type R, I wanted one at first but when I saw the prices they were commanding I thought I would stick to a UK model, plus it would be a bit easier on my poor back for London driving. :)

Guest Rsand85
Engine is still the same (K20A) though it is different mapping, different intake & exhaust manifold and, different gearing, suspension (more setup for track). I looked into it when I brought my facelift EP3 Type R, I wanted one at first but when I saw the prices they were commanding I thought I would stick to a UK model, plus it would be a bit easier on my poor back for London driving. :)

the engine is definitely different uk has K20A2 jdm has the K20A same engine as the DC5 cams and crank are also different the reason i know this is the engine went pop on his car on the way home after he bought it and i had a hell of a job getting a block for it as the uk engines are not compatible with jdm car.