The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you do?

steady_dave

Right, in what seems like an eternity, waiting for my Impreza to sell, i'm torn between two options.

I'll be looking to spend about £5,000 on a Supra, and while a few people have been saying A TT Auto is within reach, I have also been told I could get a very good NA and then chuck some money into it.

So the question is, if you had an NA and had £2,000 to throw at it, what would you do?

Ha, nothing wrong with Dreadlocks! Plus I think it's a shave head job if I want to get rid of them!

- - - Updated - - -

How much money are we talking about...! If you want a good example of what to do with an NA and lots of money read Hodge's thread...!

As stated i've got £5,000 and seen quite a few decent NA's knocking about for around the £3,000 mark.

Theres been a few tt's up lately for £3500 or £4000, i would personally just wait a little longer for the scooby to sell, if you get an n/a and end up wanting a tt thats money down the drain imo

^ This ^

I bought my NA and have done nothing but want a TT since. Hold out till one comes along at a good price and then snap it up!

I'd drive both types of car first. If you want a TT Auto, look for the best one. If you want a TT6 but don't have the cash, you've two options.

1. An NA-6 (facelift) and TT it at a later date, or.

2. A TT Auto and 6 speed it later on.

It's up to you - just get the best car you can for your money now and don't rush into anything...

When I buy another I think I would go tt bpu auto. Very suprised at the how good the auto box is!! And this is coming from someone who had a 6 speed single!

Yeap I have to agree, if my 5-speed starts being an issue now I am TT BPU, then I will be very tempted to convert to an Auto

You could get a TT with you budget but you'd need to make sure that everything is in good working order. Supras are cheap to buy now but replacement parts and labour are still very expensive, you could easily spend a couple of K+ sorting things such as brakes, suspension, tyres, etc. etc.

With your budget I'd buy a late model NA and leave yourself some money to put towards maintenance/repair of the car.

You could get a TT with you budget but you'd need to make sure that everything is in good working order. Supras are cheap to buy now but replacement parts and labour are still very expensive, you could easily spend a couple of K+ sorting things such as brakes, suspension, tyres, etc. etc.

With your budget I'd buy a late model NA and leave yourself some money to put towards maintenance/repair of the car.

This is generally my thought. I've had an NA 5-speed before and loved every minute of it, and as much as I would love a TT, i'd rather have some money spare to properly look after the car. I can always NA-T, Transplant a TT later down the line.