The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2013 Sponsorship - Maxxis British Drift Championship

Suprash

Hi all,

As 2012 draws to a close its starting to get near that time again where Im in sponsorship negiations for 2013. First of I would like to say a big thank you to the Supra Owners Forum for their continued support. I really cant stress how much that without my current sponsors I really wouldnt be continuing within this sport. Each year this Championship keeps growing and the growth that I have seen over the last 4 years has been quite staggering. It really is starting to get to the stage where the single man could be pushed out soon due to the amount of teams and companies that are starting to support drivers and its more and more the case that its not even drivers who own the car but that are invited to drive for someone.

But, 2012 has been another great year and my first year in Pro class, obviously stepping up from Semi-Pro there was a few rounds where I didnt qualify and then there was a few rounds where I did qualify but unfortunately couldnt progress into the top 8 and was knocked out in the first battle stages. I often meet someone somewhere that spots the forum logo and comes over and introduces themself as a member on here or knows of the forum so its good to meet people in this way.

But as I move into 2013 the determination to progress is only growing, depsite some times wondering if its about time I took a year out. My life has been pratically put on hold since I started this and I lieterally live to compete with everything else around me coming to a standstill like holidays, decorating at home, gardens, even my grey Supra has now been sat on the sidelines for 3 years awaiting some time and funds, but I know if I was to take a year out I would probably only be more grumpy for it and whilst my heart is still in it and Im going to continue to progress as much as I can.

So if there are any traders or companies that are associated with this forum or anyone on here that would be interested in sponsoring a Pro driver in the British Drift Championship for 2013 then please do get in touch or make yourself known. I dont have any guidelines orexpectations, everyone is discussed on a individual basis on what this relationship can bring to both sides of the table. If anyone is interested I can send them on a sponsorship proposal.

So for the rest of you guys, here's some pics that are of my personal favourites :)

Knockhill, still such a awesomely blind hill to try and drift over

The most scariest thing ever ! Quick, get me back in the car please :D

This was me my mate laughing our heads off after we was trying to get as close to each as possible and he spun in front of me resulting in my tapping his door lol

- - - Updated - - -

Public meet and greet for qualifying, as you can tell, I hate anything remotely public lol

Me and Polo battled quite a few times throughout the year

Trackside repairs.....

Good luck for 2013 buddy! Glad to see your going to continue. I have seen you on motors tv a couple of times (when the wife is not having her fix of eastenders etc....) Always good to see someone doing well in a supra!!

Oh god, you saw the cringeworthy experience......now I feel ashamed lol :D

Cheers guys :D

And Josh, scary, no, not really, fact is when you get cars sliding around in close proximity of each other, shit is gonna happen, but like that pic of me and my mate laughing our heads off, we do just that, laugh it off. Its all about pushing boundaries which is why I struggle to understand people that build nice drift cars for years before they get to a certain level because when you're drifting all the time and competatively your car is gonna get abused and if it aint its because you wont ever push yourself out of your own comfort level.

• 4 months later...