The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't make my mind up with the look of my Supra!

James

I have an idea in mind for my car but it seems that the availability of one of the bits is eluding me so much that I'm considering other avenues with the styling!

First off, here is how the car currently looks:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/399723_517011231583_102931090_n.jpg

I've been after a set of Top Secret skirts for ages. The front looks waaaaay too low compared to the sides and I thought that the TS skirts would follow the lip round perfectly!

I've got a Shine Auto Carbon Diffuser on order from the Whifbitz GB so the back will be getting changed about a bit once that turns up (got a UK spec rear waiting to go on that I'll bolt the diffuser to).

Now, as the skirts seem to be rarer than rocking horse poop, I'm thinking about other skirts. The first that come to mind are the Ridox with carbon lower trim as they'd marry up with the diffuser nicely. My only thing keeping me from them is that I worry that if I start on the Ridox kit then I'll want to gather the whole thing and my car will end up looking like Add Heywood's (not a bad thing, just expensive haha! :p ).

Then the next dilemma is that if I have the Ridox skirts and the CF diffuser, I'll probably think about changing the RMM lip to an HKS Kansai CF to keep the carbon touches flowing round the whole of the car.

I'm at a loss and don't know what route to take anymore! If the TS skirts came up it'd be fine, but I'm getting impatient! I'm also not happy with the look of the car as is and so want to change it up a little! The other option is to go for the MVP Urethane lip and leave the body totally stock I suppose. Though then it'll look EXACTLY the same as another car as I'm planning on going for some CCW Classics down the line and there is a Stateside car that has that look spot on already. Mixing it up a little would be nice!

Bloody Supras! :D

They were black for a while:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/17063_504544095823_7867877_n.jpg

Stopped liking it very quickly to be honest!

They also used to be silver once upon a time:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/17063_504543981053_2929977_n.jpg

Looked pretty good then too!

I'm loving this white Supra right now.

[ATTACH]161201[/ATTACH]

I think stock body with the rear diffuser would look good enough. Just get the stance right and let the stock awesomeness do the rest ;)

Christ that is low! Wouldn't last ten minutes round my way.

Hold out for the right parts mate, make compromises and you will only end up spending your hard earned twice, I have done it and regretted it.

Yeah I think the lip needs to go/get replaced (the Kansai one is awfully nice, but I'd just need to be careful of my ride height).

It is definitely either white or silver with the Rotas. The black just didn't work for me. Though I don't fancy spending out on a refurb on them just to change them soon anyway!

I just don't want to go for the CCW Classics and then decide that I wished I had something different given the style, as I love my current wheels but want to go for something a bit nicer (and wider!). The CCW LM5 is also an option, as it'd be spec'd very similar if not the same as the Classic, just in a 5 spoke, more akin to my current offerings but way nicer! :)

Hrmmm. A lot of thinking to do!

i got lucky and bought top secret sideskirts in a deal along with do luck spats that i really really wanted, i have since changed my mind about the spats and bought vs style ones and now im selling my do luck ones, I agree with supra GAZ about taking your time and you will get what you want and save money instead of doing what i did, but it did work out ok for me because i got the skirts, im also goin to fit a ridox front bumper and get a full respray. Ps the wheels look nice white and if i was to change them any other colour it would be gunmetal grey with silver lip. Trd spoiler with the carbon blade would go well with the auto shine rear diffuser and ridox skirts and keep the lip

Edited by cooke (see edit history)

The Ridox is pretty addictive, when you have the bumper you want the skirts, then the arches, then all the carbon stuff... It pains me to think how much ill have spent on mine. If I was to do it again id go the USA look, nice set of wheels and lowered a bit...

That's just it Adam, I'm thinking that if I get one Ridox bit then I'll want it all matching and get carried away!

It is mainly just whether to keep stock sides or add skirts that is the conundrum for me really, I have ideas for the rest.

Also, if I DID go for Classics, I don't know how they'd look with skirts. The best stanced Supras with the Classics have been stock body. I've seen a couple with skirts and didn't like it as much. Argh I don't know! :)

IMO now Ridox and CCW's are getting old now, and too many people are going that route.

For me and my car will be going Stock body, with carbon lip front and boot lip rear, along with a nice set of deep dish wheels, USA style Job Done. No need to over complicate things with the supra imo :D

IMO now Ridox and CCW's are getting old now, and too many people are going that route.

For me and my car will be going Stock body, with carbon lip front and boot lip rear, along with a nice set of deep dish wheels, USA style Job Done. No need to over complicate things with the supra imo :D

Na the Ridox won't be happening. I just feel that if I did the skirts to go with the rest then I'd WANT other bits just to keep that flowing, but I don't want the other bits. :D

I disagree to some extent with the CCWs. In the States yes, same as with the RMM lip and TRD spoiler. Over here though, only a handful have the Classics. Which is also why the LM5s are worth consideration. Though then Marc's car becomes frustrating as he has pretty much the ideal 5 spoke with the S1s! Doh!

I'm noising Paul (Whiffin) up regards a carbon front lip at the moment so I think the RMM will be for sale in the very near future :)

Well that is part of the conundrum sorted - I just bought the APR HKS Kansai carbon fibre front lip from Whifbitz. Looking forward to getting it on :)

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/images/aprfrontspoiler.jpg

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/images/aprfrontspoiler3.jpg

Oh well, I have now made up my mind!

Just bought some Top Secret skirts :D

The APR HKS Kansai CF lip, Top Secret skirts, Shine Auto Carbon diffuser & UK spec rear will all be going on to complete the look of the exterior (apart from wheels!). :)